2020--2 Letters--Coronavirus--Memorial!

by Atlantis 41 Replies latest jw friends

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Nice one. 👍😎

• Listener
    Listener

That sure will be some special talk, for some, it may be a deadly talk.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The second letter all but admits the Memorial will need to be cancelled, perfunctorily going through the motions of making arrangements for the possibility of it still going ahead. It sounds like Watchtower leaders are genuinely worried and in disarray. They set out the possibility of celebrating the Memorial at home in small groups, or watching a broadcast. Ultimately I think they’ll go with a universal broadcast to be watched at home. Don’t know what they’ll advise about the emblems.

I bet the GB have gone into lockdown already, and for a few months at least.

• hoser
    hoser

It appears that all they care about is reporting the attendance of the memorial. They don’t seem to care about 100 plus people touching the same fricking glass of wine and plate of bread.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Probably time to make another liquor store run to get several cases of Jameson just in case.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Thanks, Petra! My MacBook said it couldn't secure a connection to the server for the individual letters, but I was able to download the zip file. Very interesting.

Thanks again!

• waton
    waton
    It appears that all they care about is reporting the attendance of the memorial

h: the bibel too disagrees about the last supper attendance whether Judas left before or after the passing on th emblems.

lets do it the ols fashioned way, trip the main breaker, in he dark, no internet just the wine under the full moon. keep wt in the dark too, let them not intrude. because it would be rude.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Wow! The second letter is dated March 12th...that's today...hot off the press...the ink is still wet...and only here on the forum & other exJW sites! Talk about same day delivery!🤣

Thank you Atlantis, Petra & company...y'all are awesome!

• careful
    careful

Thanks, Petra. Original download worked fine.

• caves
    caves

Memorial over Skype. No cong mixing if in person gathering for memorial. Follow your local laws about meeting together. Sick people stay at home..

Big take aways, imo,

They have a prerecorded memorial talk on the website 'if an elder isn't present'. More like for jws to sit at home and watch it. Celebrate it. Damn, and I was going to get my hair done.

Mentioned "final part of the last days" and said "Current global pandemic reminds us of the four horseman of the apocalypse" , the wording of 'we can easily back out of that' sort of way "like always". IT NEVER SAID GREAT TRIBULATION.

_______

No Circuit assemblies until further notice United States.

Regional assemblies are still going forward as planned.

Weddings and funerals to limited to a small amount of people.

Field service still going! Repeat field service Still going. Must not be in the Great trib yet. Hummm

Baptisms planned for Circuit assemblies that are now cancelled will await instruction from Circuit overseers as to how and when.

That's right, Baptisms! Still! Must not be the great trib. Otherwise baptisms would not be necessary per how its been taught.

And follow the body of elders arrangements specific to your area (due to the virus). Subject to change.

This is a shit show in the making.

Thank you for posting this letter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit