1975 and the burning question/s??

by UnshackleTheChains 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• deegee
    deegee

There is mention of the fallout from the 1975 debacle in this video from 9:04

https://youtu.be/7k8gA37KMGE?t=542

A JW who no longer believed the WT after Armageddon failed to come in 1975 was disfellowshipped, but his wife remained steadfast to her eventual detriment & demise and that of her children.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Hi Deegee,

I remember watching that video a while ago. It is interesting that 1975 was one of the factors that would eventually lead to the break up of the marriage.

I also thought it shocking that he was shunned by JWs at his own children's funeral. Sick and heartless!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I would put this recent talk on 1975 as half truth propaganda , for in reality that year was propagated mostly by one man Fred Franz, the top bible theologian for the JWS/WTS.

A kind of white washing over what really happened and the true inherent intent it was used again by the WTS.

Franz even went as far as regurgitating this supposed 6000 years existence of mankind which was used previously in 1941 and even further back in the early 1900's by C Russell.

So there you go positive proof that the WTS is a fear mongering ( lying and corrupt ) religious publishing house.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill
    I would put this recent talk on 1975 as half truth propaganda

Finkelstein, I believe you have nailed it with that statement!

• deegee
    deegee

I started studying with the JWs during the 80s when I was a child. While attending one of my first meetings during that time, a brother commented during the WT study that Armageddon did not come in 1975 because it was not known how many years after Adam, Eve was created.

At the time, I hadn't a clue what the guy was talking about. But this took place in Jamaica and it certainly makes you wonder how did the JWs in Jamaica came up with such an idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit