1975 and the burning question/s??

by UnshackleTheChains 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Ok. So I'm sitting there at the convention. The video comes up about 1975 and the fact that the faithful brother in the video maintained his faith in the Bible by adhering to the scripture that says:

'no one knows the day or the hour as to when the lord is coming'

He mentions that 'some were putting their faith in a date (the speaker during his talk points out that the date was 1975)

So.....for the more astute ones out there attending the convention, surely they must have asked themselves where on earth Jehovah's Witnesses got the idea about the date 1975? Were these ones apostate in their thinking? Why didn't such ones also adhere to the scripture that the faithful brother followed in that 'no one knows the day nor the hour?

Over to you Freddie!!

• jp1692
    jp1692

Sorry you are having to endure that propaganda.

At the risk of stating the obvious, "the date 1975" came from the then current WT leadership and was repeated by countless others in positions of authority.

• steve2
    steve2

It's called Rewriting History.

Of course, religious groups are not the only ones who rewrite their own history, but they frequently have unparalleled artistry in this area and can carry it off with aplomb. You watch a video like this and, if your critical facilities are not fully awake, you'll swallow like buttermilk the whole burnished message. So easy.

• Ding
    Ding

Right after 1975, an elder told me, "My faith is in Jehovah, not in a date."

I thought, "No, your faith is in a small group of men who came up with and promoted a date."

Actually, WT leaders have come up with and promoted a whole series of meaningless dates.

• Stealth
    Stealth

They are trying to inoculate the sheep for when this issue is brought up.

For them to state this during a convention only means that they are loosing followers over this issue. Going apostate has got to be at an all time high then ever before in history due to the internet.

Hey assholes, you inspired from god mother fuckers are the ones who came up with the date. own it!

• karter
    karter

I lived through it,Read it in the magazines,heard the talks ect ect.

The proof that the WTS said the end was coming in 1975 is there for all to see but "There is none so blind as those who do not want to see"

Karter.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Jwfacts.com explains very clearly why so many rank and file witnesses were putting their trust and faith in the year 1975.

Also keep in mind the CONSTANT teaching and emphasis of 'this generation' was playing on everybody's mind which no doubt fueled the whole notion about 1975.

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1975.php

• KiwiBoy
    KiwiBoy

Yes karter you are right. I too lived through it. We both saw it and heard it only to be told we heard it all wrongly. That was the last straw for me. So many decisions were made around that date. To bring it up now and still say that only the spirituality weak thought it is so wrong and upsetting. It was the exact opposite....the spiritually STRONG were the ones who made decisions around that date and taught it. The weak were the ones who did NOT go with it.

• jp1692
    jp1692

UTC, thanks for posting the links to JWFacts!

Newbies gotta know the WT has been lying for a very, very long time.

• bennyk
    bennyk

The Society encouraged its affiliates to ignore that scripture:

35 One thing is absolutely certain, Bible chronology reinforced with fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that six thousand years of man’s existence will soon be up, yes, within this generation! (Matt. 24:34) This is, therefore, no time to be indifferent and complacent. This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that “concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Matt. 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. Make no mistake, it is sufficient that the Father himself knows both the “day and hour”! (Watchtower 15.08.1968, pp. 500-501 Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit