Gay ex-Bethelite

by Chip Williamson 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• sparky1
    sparky1

Hi Shirley,

I am 60 years old and have seen this many times with 'female' pioneer roommates. DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL is alive and well in Jehovah's Organization!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Interesting story Chip, I knew of 3 JWS guys who got married while being self acknowledged as being gay who eventually left their female wives for men, one was my own brother.

All these guys unfortunately had children while being married to their female wives, which retrospectively wasn't a good thing.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Welcome.

Wow you weren't kidding, that was a Jerry Springer episode if I ever heard one. lol

Thank you for sharing your story. Glad you are happy!

I think there are more "sisters" out their doing their thing with other "sisters" than they lead us to believe. I agree with Sparky1 above....don't ask, don't tell.

• truthwillsetyoufree
    truthwillsetyoufree

Welcome chip! Thanks for sharing your experience! There seems to be many people raised as witnesses who turned out gay, myself included. I got myself involved with a brother 10 years older than me when i was 17 and pioneering. It was all quite messy as the age limit of consent hadnt been lowered to 16 at that point and had things really spiralled he would have been reported as a sex offender. But there was another lad who confessed to me he was gay and there were 5 others who were also gay in the same congregation who were trying to playing it straight.

Hope you enjoy the forum and keep on posting!

• Harvard Illiterate 411
    Harvard Illiterate 411
    Hello sweetheart! I am so happy for you both actually and glad you are living your life! F**k the haters! I'll drink to that.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Welcome Chip.
  • Giordano
    Giordano
    Welcome Chip. We love tell tale Bethel stories around here. It's been eye opening. God's House. Feel free to dish the Bethel dirt......
  • gma-tired2
    gma-tired2
    Chip your story and my sons story are very close. The difference is he never went to Bethel. His father and I never encouraged it. He is now married to his husband for 2 years but have been together for 20. His dad and I chose to leave JWs so no one could try to break our family apart. We now live happy content lives
  • TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Chip! What a story. I'm glad you and your ex-wife found happiness. Really just an amazing story.

You were at WTF in the 80s? I don't know if Chip is your real name but if so do you mind telling us some more about your experiences there? What department did you work in? What congregation were you assigned? If that's too personal I get it I won't expect answers.

Glad you joined and posted.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Happiness IS the truth. đŸ˜€Congratulations.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit