In love with a JW girl

by rastapau 37 Replies latest social relationships

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Your relationship is not exactly one where open communication reigns. You two seem to be quite willing to use each other. You belong together and you two belong to the Watchtower. Ignore everything that has been said before. Doesn't apply to you.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

The problem good sir/maam is that i have a serious disease. I have stage 4 colon cancer. I just want to be with her before i ..you know. Im afraid to tell her about my situation because i dont want her to get back to me just because of my illness. I really dont know what to do. Im depressed, stress physically emotionally and spriritually..

I am so sorry.

Well, she used you then changed the rules and decided you had to change to suit her, so no one would blame you for using your situation to your advantage.

But I think she would want to know, so tell her and let her decide what to do with the information, there is no shame in that.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    I left my live in partner for 18yrs for her and my kids. It just felt unfair.

You left your partner/wife AND your kids. Then this person you left your kids for leaves you and that's unfair? That sounds like poetic justice to me! You'll have no sympathy from me.

• rastapau
    rastapau
    EndofMysteries as much as i want to keep quiet about this ill tell it anyway my partner for 18yrs(we are not married) had sex with my father i just stayed with her for the sake of my children. And eventually left her when i met Ms. JW
  • Drwho
    Drwho

This stinks of fake

• OutsiderLookingIn
    OutsiderLookingIn

The plot thickens. I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I didn't think of it as using her if you tell her about it. We are human beings. When we receive devastating news, most people don't want to go through it alone. After all, a brother is born for adversity (Proverbs 17:17). It's natural to want to be near those who care about you--in your case, someone who you've shared the last three years of your life with. So let her know if you like. And don't feel like you're weighing her down. It's up to her what she will do with the information.

That said, I don't know that you will necessarily get the outcome you want (compassion and reconciliation). Or if you somehow do reconcile, it seems like it might be a fast track to JW land. She'll really want you to study so you can have a chance to work for your chance at paradise. I'm not sure of your spiritual leanings but if you're Christian, you don't need JW theology. Look to Jesus; He is your peace (Ephesians 2:14). Take care.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Yikes, what a crazy situation. Normally, I would join the chorus and advise you to stay away but this whole situation is messed up. Do whatever.

If you're interested in what life with a witness was like for me, read my earlier posts. It's gotten better but we still have some disagreements over how to raise our daughters regarding religion.

• corruptgirl
    corruptgirl

Obviously I agree with all these comments. And don't be fooled to thinking is all coming from a place of hate toward the Jehovah's witnesses. It's just that we've all been there and have come to know what is really like. ...the hard way. Most of us are being shunned by our entire families just because we decided to leave the organization. ...that's how much loyalty are among the jw's. I'm sure when you go into the meetings they all smoother you with love, unless your sitting with the disfellowshipped sister, they can't even make eye contact with her. But generally, this is how newbies in the kingdom hall are treated. And if your studying the bible with them you might be thinking that its all good and reasonable. Don't. Go to jwfacts.com! I was born in this organization and never realized our doctrine was so off from what the bible says. And regarding the girl, yeah not a good idea. She might love you but her love and loyalty for "jehovah " are stronger. I'm sure she feels very torn right now but at the end of the day, she just another indoctrinated person who's life choices and concience revolve around whatever 7 men in New York have to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit