In love with a JW girl

by rastapau 37 Replies latest social relationships

• rastapau
    rastapau

Hi,

Need advise. I was in a relation with a JW girl for almost three years(Im am not JW) and we are so inlove with each other until someone saw us from her congregation and she was disfellowed and that where the oddness happened. Her family and friends are not talking to her anymore, she wants me to stop seeing and talking to her anymore not until i became a baptized JW. 2 mos later im attending JW congregation twice a week and doing bible study. I left my live in partner for 18yrs for her and my kids. It just felt unfair. I gave up everything and she gave up nothing. Im so cnfused on whats happening.

• Saename
    Saename

Move on. Forget about her. Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult. You should do research about Jehovah's Witness practices and beliefs. You'd be surprised to learn of what they believe but what they won't tell you during the "initiation" process (Bible study.) I used to study the Bible with them, but they kept me in the dark about the ugliest practices until I got more involved with them. They only tell you about their actual beliefs when you get baptised and are brainwashed enough. For instance, if you are unbaptised, you are good to associate with non-Jehovah's Witness people. If you are baptised, however, you cannot befriend people that are not Jehovah's Witnesses. Another—related—example is that Jehovah's Witnesses believe that "worldly" people—including young kids—will die in the Armageddon. ("Wordly" is the term used by them for non-Jehovah's Witness people.) If that's not enough, they also believe that blood transfusion is wrong, and so they forbid it.

If the above is not enough, do research. If you're still not convinced after researching their religion... well... love's blind, I guess (which is nothing to be proud of.)

• OutsiderLookingIn
    OutsiderLookingIn

Hi Rastapau, I have never been a JW, I'm a Christian, and knowing what I know now, I would NEVER join. Not for anyone, even someone I love very much (and there is/was someone). You said it all--you gave up everything and she gave up nothing. And it sounds like that will continue as you're attending meetings and have started a Bible study. She's getting what she wants and you will get nothing because it's a handful of questionable doctrines that fall apart with any real testing and Bible reading.

I wish you the best. I know love is love and it's really hard to let that go. But if your three-year true love fell apart because she ran into one person, you already know it was built on sand.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Rastapau- Move on and forget about her.Be thankful you dodged the bullet.

• never a jw
    never a jw

You ain't seen nothing yet. RUN, run, run as fast as you can. She is and will always be more loyal to her religious leaders than she will ever be to you. Even if those religious leaders lied, manipulated, exploited, abused the members and protected pedophiles more than children....wait...they have done all that already. Anyways, the loyalty to you will always be second to her loyalty to her religious leaders.

Find healthy people. There's plenty out there. The only mentally healthy people inside the religion are psychologically coerced to be there..

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

I agree, it isn't worth the stress, it gets worse, let her go.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

I was never a JW but you should press my avatar and read my introduction to this forum. My advice to you RUN, do not look back. Very sorry for the heartache this young lady has caused you but you can find much better women in the real world who do not come with CULT ties. If I read your story correctly you have children already the WT HATES children. Read about the child abuse, ARC, pedophile issues, and go through this site and read some of the comments about the children's cartoon Sophia and Caleb that WT produces for the kids total emotional abuse.

Go to JWFACTS research this religion before you do anymore studies, these people LIE, LIE, LIE, I am totally convinced that they would not know the truth if it hit them in the face.

Welcome to the forum, here you are among friends trust all of us, those at the KH are NOT your friends they will stab you in your back the minute you turn around. Think about that statement someone from your girlfriend's congregation turned her in to the Elders when they saw you to together and she got disfellowshiped. Now how loving is that? Do you want to live a live being watched all the time by every member of the congregation?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

She is damaged goods with a worthless warranty. Do yourself a favor and run away.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

You're lucky that this is happening sooner than later - but leaving your life-partner? Upgrading for a newer model?

There are about 2 posts a month here with this same story, Been dating a JW, and now it's ending. I'm so in love.

Read about this group online.

Also:

http://www.hgi.org.uk/resources/delve-our-extensive-library/society-and-culture/exploring-cult-culture

But cults, because they only serve the leader, exploit and pervert that useful habit and, to establish and maintain itself, does everything possible to destroy family ties, and any other secure and conventional anchor in a person's life. This has the effect of strengthening a member's bond with the cult and its leader. From this viewpoint, the cults that promote celibacy and the cults that encourage indulgence in sexual promiscuity are seeking the same ends — the destruction of normal family life and the substitution of dependence on the cult group authority.
  • Lost his mind
    Lost his mind

Speaking as a person who has been married to one for the last 28 years, please walk away. You will waste your life on their ideals. So much is banned because the bible supposedly says so. The bible does not, the men in New York do. It is a cult. Run away. Quickly. When you reach my age, you look back and realize that life would have been so much better without the person you are currently attached to. You only live once.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit