My meeting yesterday

by stephanie61092 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Keep up the pretending. Don't get discouraged. You have a goal for the purpose of family communication. Don't let that azzwipe elder get you down.

Trust me............no JW reads this shit like we (apostates) do. After the last Cir Assm we attended we went to dinner with several couples and the conversation was "OH! What a great assembly!" I asked everyone the question of: What was your favorite talk or experience? ............................long pause...................... (other than "All of it.")

NO ONE could be specific! They just sat through 6 hours of "inspirational" talk and left without taking one damn thing home with them! IT'S A JOKE!

Doc

• steve2
    steve2

Eating tic tacs loudly is on the list of sins in one of Paul's famous letters that will bar you from the Kingdom of God.

Stephanie, it is that serious!

Transition immediately to jelly beans: It is very, very hard to eat jelly beans loudly - although if you have too many in your mouth, you may give out a loud slurping sound.

Then elders will demand you prove that eating jelly beans with a loud slurping sound is not as sinful as eating tic tacs loudly.

You've got quite a challenge in front of you.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Thank you for this OP. I like it. A lot~!
  • Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

How did the elder known it was TicTacs, did you give him one?

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    Crazy. How stupid they are? This show, how the lovlely shepherds try, to bring the lost shep back to the flock. What a bunch of idiots. There is a watchtower, that df people can sit in between the others.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Not to come to the defense of the WT writers, but I'm pretty sure from what they wrote up there that they are talking about a lot of Asian medical practices, and also of the more modern New Age religious movements such as Reiki.

I don't think for an instant that the WT writers were talking about western "modern" medicine. I live in Pennsylvania, USA. Although lately, you'd think I was somewhere in Southern California. There is a lot of this New Age crap moving in to the area, a lot of Reiki, which some have described as highly controlling and a BS scam as well. If it's here, I'm fairly certain its in wealthy region like Warwick, NY. So honestly, I feel this is what WT writers were pinpointing.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Were they Christmas themed Tic-Tacs? That would certainly catch they eye of any conscientious 'spiritual policeman' ...I mean Elder. After all, you can't be too careful about Satan's influence even in the Kingdom Hall (tm).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Like I keep telling you guys, they don't want anyone but obedient hard-core loyalists; the rest can f**k off.

Virtually every action they take is geared towards alienating all but that core demographic.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Like I keep telling you guys, they don't want anyone but obedient hard-core loyalists; the rest can f**k off.

Virtually every action they take is geared towards alienating all but that core demographic.''

Seems like that is the case these days. More indoctrination towards ''us vs. them'' mentality.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

How true! Facts and Proof are vital in order to accept some form of treatment or TEACHING .....

The irony is outstanding!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit