Marc O'Donell's statement: Lloyd and the conflict of Interest

by Diogenesister 48 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

But Germany is like one of us! A civilized, modern, democratic county that is supposed to be ahead of the curve on questions like these.

Klaus Schwab is German and is the Founder of the World Economic Forum. This man said in his book that humanity is nothing more than "useless eaters."

He has said that there needs to be a culling of humanity and remove those of lesser value. He still holds the idea of a superior race. And he feel that most of humanity are just animals to be culled and enslaved. And this man is the one in charge of the World Economic Forum. He wants one Big Government to dictate the the entire world what is moral and what is not. Who gets to live and who doesn't.

Had I still been a JW, I would have welcomed such news as further proof of this system’s wickedness and in desperate need of God’s intervention. No longer a believer, I am left with this feeling of distress of how bad humans are with no end in sight.

The witnesses had one thing right, the world we live in is wicked to the max. The thing they had wrong was that someone was going to rescue us. Like Carl Sagen said;

"No one is coming to rescue us"

This is what evolution is all about.

The path to modern humans is a massive experiment in failures and trial and error.

At least six times almost all of live on earth was wiped out in mass extinctions. 99.9% of all the species that ever lived have gone extinct. The ancestors of humans (in fact all mammals) only thrived because a meteor wiped out the dinosaurs leaving a niche for them to thrive.

Consider that virtually every creature that has ever lived - including 200,000 years of modern humans who suffered and grieved just like us - died of starvation, disease, exposure, parasites, infection or predation.

The history of life seems perfectly designed to maximise suffering and waste.

Does this sound anything like a plan of an intelligent - let alone loving – creator?

No other words describe how life is perfectly designed to MAXIMIZE suffering.

• Simon
    Simon
    We attended the 50th anniversary of a couple that have been friends of the family for years. (I even dated one of their daughters.) At the party we learned she was 65 years old and he was 75 years old. That means at the time of their marriage she was 15 and he was 25. I believe they were from Arkansas. (US readers will get that.)

Did they meet in a car-park, in secret, while he was married to someone else with no intention of ever marrying her?

Obviously not. So not the same thing at all.

The full context matters. Intent and behavior matters.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Did they meet in a car-park, in secret, while he was married to someone else with no intention of ever marrying her?
    Obviously not. So not the same thing at all.
    The full context matters. Intent and behavior matters.

Fully agree with you here. We know people mature at different ages but In this case and era it's almost a dead cert they didn't even engage in sex until they were married anyways. I think there's been a few JWs on here that mentioned their spouse was 17 when they got engaged and they were in their 20s. Very different situation.

That's why I don't get hung up too much on the age of the women Lloyd engaged with because it's also about his intentions and the power imbalance. Obviously it's worse if the Thai girls were 15 but to me it's still pretty bad even if they were 18.

It utterly spins my head that people don't get why a young girl in a poverty stricken country, coerced, enslaved or otherwise, being bought by a 40+ yr old man from a wealthy nation that claims to represent rape victims, is beyond sic

• Simon
    Simon
    Obviously it's worse if the Thai girls were 15 but to me it's still pretty bad even if they were 18.
    It utterly spins my head that people don't get why a young girl in a poverty stricken country, coerced, enslaved or otherwise, being bought by a 40+ yr old man from a wealthy nation that claims to represent rape victims, is beyond sic

Exactly. I was thinking today about the trafficking stats someone posted earlier. I forget the exact numbers and which thread, but say it was something like 40%.

That means if you go to a random prostitute once you have a 40% chance that you are raping a trafficked girl. Or to put it another way, a 60% chance that you are not.

What if you go every 2 months for 4 years, i.e. 24 times? The chance of "missing" every time for those 24 visits is 0.60 x 0.60 x 0.60 ... 24 times, or 0.60 ^ 24 ... that comes out to 0.000004738381338, or 0.0004738381338%. Reversing it again, it's 99.9995261618662% probability that you raped a trafficked girl.

Obviously, this is just if you chose completely at random, but I think it shows that while you might kid yourself that you haven't really committed a crime, the reality is that I don't believe people are really capable of knowing for sure and the probability that they have goes up pretty quickly, whatever the exact figures are you put in.

The bottom line is, if you are a sex tourist going to areas where poverty and trafficking are a big problem then you shouldn't be surprised if some people think you are a low-life sleazy abusive piece of shit.

• Odrade
    Odrade
    I was thinking today about the trafficking stats someone posted earlier. I forget the exact numbers and which thread, but say it was something like 40%

Accurate statistics are, for obvious reasons, hard to collect, but reasonable estimates say that between 40-60% of sex workers in Thailand are underage, with up to 90% being trafficked ie: enslaved.

This does not take into account the number of enslaved sex workers whose trafficking began when they were underage, but they are currently older than 18.

Any way you view those statistics, not a good look for our friend and his uncontrollable peen.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The accounts of what went on is becoming more detailed. I don’t know whether the account is true, but it does seem plausible and makes sense of some issues, such as how it came about that the elders covered up for him.

https://youtu.be/cZyq690QjlY

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Me Ortez re tweeted Mark O'Donnell's statement - which is a bit nauseating because it means he's basically hedging his bets. What a creep. This isn't about standing by your mates. He can stand by him privately & be a friend, while at the same time addressing the fact that Lloyd should no longer be advocating for victims of CSA & rape, statutory or otherwise, and definitely should not be interviewing them. At least untill he gets therapy and educates himself about the Thai situation. There are 800,000 child prostitutes out of a total of nearly 2 million. That's almost HALF OF THEM.
    Ortez simply has his eye on the main chance imho.

If he ever reads this (unlikely) I just want to apologise to Javier. Obviously I can't know what was going through his head at the time and should not have speculated. He was probably trying to figure out from a legal standpoint how he was going to handle this. I expect he needed to take legal advice.

Lloyd has refused to resign from the project and is going to challenge the request for him to do so legally. Using his wealth to force Javier and co. to back down. And Javier is supposed to be his best friend?! He seems incapable of putting himself in others shoes.

Either way I sincerely apologise to Javier - I need to be less trigger happy on the keyboards and exhibit some patience.

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

So what’s the latest with Lloyd Evans? Is he still going to make videos?

I know he is scum who used donations for prostitution and yes maybe some were underage

but he is one of the best at commenting on the JW propaganda

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It is my understanding that he has been making videos about the WTS, when he isn't fighting with people on Twitter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit