And finally I'm out

by Skepsis 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

Hi all.

It's being a while that I don't share in the forum. After moving to another country and finding a job, I asked my congregation in my country to send my publishing card here. Once I did it, I stopped attending meetings. As I only went there once to ask for the secretary address, nobody knows where I live or my mobile phone number. I no longer use my country's phone number and they can't know my whereabouts.

It's been three months since my last meeting. I'm now inactive and only one year ago I was a pioneer and ministerial servant in a foreign-language congregation. Well, actually they sent a letter to my new congregation here to recommend me as a ministerial servant.

Since then, I know nothing about my new or my old congregation. I have a new job and a new life in a new country. Had to do a lot of things so had no time to think about JWs. Looking back, it has been the best decision I could have taken.

I would like to say thank you to this site and people sharing on it. I still have my mother back in my country who is a JW and I will have to deal in the future with JW doctrines so I will share here in the future but needed this time of mental disconnection from everything related to the WT.

My life has changed completely for the better. Now I have new concerns and problems but JWs are not one of them anymore. I live the life I want completely free. This freedom is something I have never felt. Being able to decide your life and live accordingly to your own ideas and conscience is invaluable.

And finally some words to those that are living the same miserable life I had before, reading this site and going to meetings at the same time, being a witness in name only and having to hide what your thoughts and feelings: I were there before. I know that you think that you will have to live that way for the rest of your life. I thought life outside of the WT was not for me. I had fear of what was there, out of my comfort zone of the Kingdom Hall and meetings, preaching and the brothers and sisters. But one day, I decided to take the decision of going out knowing that I would lose everything because I couldn't afford the mental stress of that life. What I found was something that I couldn't have expected.

Thank you.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

you've made the best choice, I hope your life finds fulfilment and joy.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Skepsis....

That is excellent! Even better that you left as an MS. Leave them scratching their collective heads.

Snakes (Rich)

• jp1692
    jp1692

Skepsis, congratulations and welcome to the rest of—and the best of—your life!

PS: It’s crazy that a person has to move to another country to get free from a cult, but that’s what sometimes needs to be done.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Skepsis, I went back and looked at all of your posts. I forgot I commented on your thread once. What an interesting journey.

Snakes(Rich)

• Sliced
    Sliced

This is "the best life ever." Glad you made it YOUR OWN!

• millie210
    millie210

Good job Skepsis! You have accomplished much in a short time.

• sillygirlforgotpassword
    sillygirlforgotpassword

Congratulations!! I did the same as you 6 years ago and dread to think of what it would be like if I hadn’t made this leap. Life is so much more worth living without constraining, restraining people watching over you and your having to pretend to be someone you’re not!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Heart-warming to hear your story Skepsis. Have a wonderful new life - you're a !

• Roxie
    Roxie

Skepsis, I am sooo glad you did it! Your story is so encouraging - you made a lot in a very short time. 😊

Be busy with your life! 😉

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit