Are we sure that there aren't more 'compound'-ish structures?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Crazyguy:
    I think that's definitely a valid point, absolutely.
    There are aspects of it this time that seem a bit on the darker side.
    So, I do hope you're right.
    And you know, you probably are.

:)

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    I'm realizing that w exjws there's probably two schools of thought....
    a) People who think that the GB are in it for the $$
    b) People who think that the GB are delusional whackadoodles who think they're the bees knees.

c) People who think the GB are manipulators but not for money, simply for power and control. There is no way to look at some of the content they have been releasing and not see that they are clearly and intentionally manipulating people's emotions. The whole GT bunker video series is not really about the GT at all, it is about modifying JWs thoughts and actions to be more in line with WT. I think they all know that most of what they say is rubbish. They may feel that the ends justify the means or that people will ultimately be happier as JWs. However, there is no way they believe these end time scenarios and prophecies that they use to keep people in line.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Oh man, I wholeheartedly agree with that. Big yes re the manipulation. They are evil. Pure evil.
    There are people in that cult who are battling serious anxiety and this s**t doesn't help.
    They're narcissists to the bone.
    And perhaps that partly why I tend to see them as believing this crap. Narcs really do tend to have delusions of grandeur. They seriously have this inflated sense of esteem. "I AM GOD!"
    Very David Koresh.
    "If you don't do what I tell you to God is going to punish you because God made me his one true servant, b**ches."
    (I'm just asterisking the letters because I don't want to get in trouble but it feels ridiculous...)

think of it like this... (eta I'm not wanting to offend anyone with the following, it's just a matter of following how people reason things out)
    Isn't it bizarre for people to really think that a deity incarnated himself as a human into the womb of a woman was born lived for 30 something years then had himself crucified on a piece of wood only so that he could forgive mankind for being exactly what he created them to be? and for said people to truly believe that they are the only ones who could ever possibly be forgiven if they worship said deity?

But people do. They believe it. And they also believe in any number of other things.

What makes it such a stretch for the GB to believe their own delusions?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit