Are we sure that there aren't more 'compound'-ish structures?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I think someone probably hasn't paid that much attn to history.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Would you say that to surviving family members of Waco? Jonestown? No?
    Why?
    Look, I'm looking at the evidence the JW's have put out there.
    They watch this place, we all know that. That's a big duh.
    What they're putting out there is bizarre. But they're sure as hell not stupid.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

No, because they know the GT is fake and bunkers cost a lot of money. Kool-aid packets can be shipped to individual Kingdom Halls, problem solved. LOL

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

What if they actually believe it?
    See, I'm not so sure they're not delusional.
    I tend to think that no, this is not a money scheme at this point. This is they truly have it in their heads they're God's Elite Squad.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Some of the Bethel homes (Africa) for instance are much like a bunker. High walls , guards (unarmed), controlled Access. This is for security since the country is unsafe.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hm, I can see that. That makes sense. African countries can be really unstable.
    I know a couple that went there as missionaries. :/ Don't know if they're still there.

I'm realizing that w exjws there's probably two schools of thought....
    a) People who think that the GB are in it for the $$
    b) People who think that the GB are delusional whackadoodles who think they're the bees knees.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You don't need a very big compound to save seven blokes and their entourage.

I think if WT truly believes some global mass extinction event is about to occur then they would say "fuck the sheep, let's save ourselves."

• millie210
    millie210

The Org has zero interest in providing a gathering place/bunker for the sheeple.

They are on their own to cower in whatever basements they have amongst themselves in their neighborhoods.

They are supposed to 'stand still and see the salvation', remember?

Meanwhile the GB and other higher ups along with support staff will be holed up in their bunker, otherwise known as Warwick.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Well Beth Shan had an anti-bomb bunker and Beth Sarin had a crypt built to bury Rutherford. And they have excavated tunnels under New York to connect several of their buildings. It's not too wild of an idea to think that they *may* have done something similar elsewhere in recent years. After all, they do believe their own myths, don't they?

But, sure as hell, the bunker would be for the elite, not for the rank and file....

EdenOne

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Sparrowdown: Ya know, I don't know that the bunkers in any of the situations are really meant to protect anyone. More like don't let anyone out the doors. With the psychopath narc type cult leaders it's not about affection, protection etc. It's ego and well delusions of grandeur.

Millie: yeah, the basement thing. Funny a friend of mine just mentioned that. Truly I have vague memories of that. It'd be interesting to see what they had written about it.

EdenOne: Ya know I forgot about those places. And it is a reminder as Doubtfully Yours and others have pointed out essentially same ol song and dance.
    My thing about what's going on is that the combination of the new light, the videos, and this new talk about the message changing, seems like they're ready for something.

I don't trust that they wouldn't do something along the lines of the kool aid. Figure that their policies have already shown such a disregard for their followers and their safety and sanity what would stop them really? Probably just wanting to have people in one place at one time. Which is why the videos probably piqued my attn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit