What Are Reasons You Are Happy Not Being A JW Any Longer?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

My granddaughter is working hard to get through uni - she would never have had all the fun and opportunities she's enjoying, if she had not left the cult at 14 years old. She's after a degree in multi-media. She's a junior now, still taking French and speaks fluently. She's taking two music business classes and accounting. She has two radio shows playing 60s psychedelic rock: One at the college radio station where she is also an operations manager and one on non-profit WFMU.org Rock n' Soul Radio. It's called The Perfumed Garden, broadcasts every Friday from 9-11pm and she is DJ Zoe Lynn!

She used to be involved with roller derby but since they had to shut down for corona she's able to shop for music for her shows, and do a lot of research for her entertaining breaks. And the point of relating all that is, her grandpa and I are having so much fun being around to rejoice and celebrate all her accomplishments!

In a couple days I'll be 68, free from WT for a long time now - maybe 11 years. Being without all the people that I thought were my indispensable friends was difficult for awhile. Now I love my total independence.

Free to learn about all the "bad" stuff like moon intention rituals and other occult pursuits. Runes and pendulums, crystal grids; burning white sage and frankincense resin; astrology, numerology - so interesting and fun.

Nobody insinuating themselves into my life or criticizing me in any way. I've read tons of books and watched scads of movies since getting out. I figure I've saved over $5,000 or more just because I don't need "business casual" outfits or hair styling. I wear rubber clogs and a gray ponytail that my granddaughter shortens once in a blue. T-shirts and jeans, no make up, just chapstick and beads.

This was fun! -It's been awhile since I gave this subject some thought♥

• minimus
    minimus

Great responses

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Jhine: I'm happy they have female's lay, cigar's, and Bar Keepers. I could like that church.

• jhine
    jhine

I am so pleased that you approve Sigfrid . 😂 . You are welcome to one of our services at any time to see if they live up to expectation.

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit