What Are Reasons You Are Happy Not Being A JW Any Longer?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Suits and ties is a good one

• Overrated
    Overrated

Freedom to do what you want without Watchtower and their say on life. After all what do they know?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I’m happy for many reasons. I am Free and able to be myself the way I was before I got suckered into the religion! I was only interested in End time prophecy anyway.

I am Out twenty years and am no longer interested in religion anyway. For one thing, I would never tolerate the intrusiveness I experienced in the JW religion. These people don’t know what boundaries are and are not acquainted with the phrase ‘none of your business’. Anybody who wants to tolerate this is welcome. The person I am at this point in my life would NEVER tolerate this or the disrespect they dish out in general and especially to women. Adding insult to injury would be never ending appeals for money for people there who never wanted to work! 👎🏻

All the changes that have happened there in the last two decades have made me Very glad I walked away from it all.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I learned to think for myself, trust my own judgement, not always say “ What have The Society said about this?”

i got off the treadmill of eldership and I don’t have to go door to door

On the other hand , I used to have a hope of growing young in paradise and of seeing my dead parents again. But it is better to face the reality of life than live for hopes and dreams that never come true. Don’t they call that ‘ castles in the air?’

• jhine
    jhine

LongHairGal , l appreciate that your time in the Org has has given you a very negative view on ' religion " .

However when l read rather sweeping statements about all religions l do feel that l want to set that record straight . I have said time and again on this site that not all faith groups are the same .

I do bang on about this l know but my experience as an Anglican is light years away from your experience in the WT .

You say " these people don't know what boundaries are not acquainted with the phrase ' non of your business '

I have never found that to be the case among my fellow church goers . Also we , Anglicans , have female lay readers. vicars and bishops . I regularly do readings at services ( online now ) . There are lots of differences between the WT and other groups.

Jan

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Not any more to be tied up to a business organization made in USA and have recovered my own dignity and my power of thinking and loving my neighbour according to my own heart and desire.

• jhine
    jhine

Albatross , so who's this neighbour ? 😂

Jan

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Every one around me, in my house, shops and so on...

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Having had the opportunity during more than fourty years to travel and live in different countries and attend meetings in various congragations and langages I have realized that the almost majority of JW elders in different congregations are just a bunch of male chauvinists that just make you want to vomit.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

These people don’t know what boundaries are and are not acquainted with the phrase ‘none of your business’.

In several (U.S.) states, in a dozen congregations, I have seen that to be 100% accurate. No boundaries, zero respect for a persons privacy, matching the description condamned in their own Bible, "They also learn to be unoccupied, gadding about to the houses; yes, not only unoccupied, but also gossipers and meddlers in other people’s affairs, talking of things they ought not."

And then they have the temerity to criticize anyone who does not accept that kind of intrusive B.S.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit