What Are Reasons You Are Happy Not Being A JW Any Longer?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JHINE:

I do understand that other people are interested in religion and that their experience in their own churches is pleasant. I’m not a basher of people who are churchgoers or deeply involved but I’m just personally not interested. And, Yes, I’m sure there are many differences between JWs and other groups and these other groups can run rings around them in being charitable and Christian.

FEDUPJW:

Yes, the religion’s intrusiveness has got to be seen and experienced to be believed! They have it perfected to an art form..

It’s easy in retrospect to see how it happened. It starts with the love bombing you get when you’re new..then followed by the erroneous belief that everybody there is your ‘friend’. Not true. Then over time a person’s sensibilities are eroded and they tolerate things the average person would think are crazy and run from.

• jhine
    jhine

Cheers LongHairGirl .

Jan

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The freedom to come to a logic- and reason-based conclusion (no matter what that conclusion turns out to be)...

...without feeling hamstrung by ideology.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

I'm happy because I'm not suffocated with fear, ignorance oppression, exploitation and corruption by men who propagate these through their own self assumed redeemable sins and elevated self glorification .

Power corrupts , absolute power corrupts absolutely.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Over time of waking up, I use to think "was it me that was the problem?" After much thought and experiences of this group of people. I have found that it creates a whole new type of crazy and it gets worst the more you're into it.

• minimus
    minimus

Unstable people might tend to like the Witnesses until they realize all the rules they must follow which is literally impossible.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm no longer being duped by delusional Cult Leaders into giving them my time, money, sweat, and love in the pursuit of false hope.

20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”

21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed. (Deut. 18:20-22)

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Freedom from the panic/anxiety attacks I suffered from in my late teens and early twenties.
    Never had to go on meds of any type such as anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds,
    All I had to do was give up that man made fear mongering organization always pushing Armageddon is imminent and that our best was never good enough. Once I did that all those anxiety attacks went away.
    Now I have no fear of some supposed "End" whether that be Armageddon, Apocalypse, Judgement Day, Rapture, Ragnarok, etc.
    Life is indeed good now. I just wish i had given up religion of all types much sooner so as to enjoy more of life when i was younger.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

No more going to fricken meetings 5 times a week ,with a tie and suit, taking two poor kids along and a wife with me ,forgive me family ,I know not what I do !.

Tolerating people who I would not normally associate with ,nor probably them with me .

I hated witnessing from D2D but I must have done enough to become a MS ?

Actively supporting and encouraging others to join what I now know is/was a Publishing - Real Estate Enterprise using Religion as a front to promote these enterprises .

Whether it started out this way or not I do not know but that is was what it became

"Worldly" publishing agencies recognised the WT were sitting on a gold mine with now 8 million people freely giving their time to promote WT publications ,and getting nothing in return.

And not having to listen once more about their excuses for failed predictions made by the society using "the light gets brighter as the day draws near " changing completely what they had said /predicted before .

1914 ,1925,1939-45,1975.....,6,000 years of human existence ,twice mind you they also did that much earlier,and made a correction to that date.

A man could go on and on but I`m now tired ,as if what i`ve said is not enough to put people off the JW religion.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

So much extra time!

Something I realized when growing up was that religion and marrying too young is not good for your long term happiness. I was raised in a jw home but when I turned 18 I said Bye to everyone. I personally didn't believe in fading to keep my jw friends and family. I felt that keeping ties with anything related to jwism was like keeping an anvil tied to one of my legs. I even had a jw girlfriend who was making plans for marriage with me. But I knew that in reality, I could find another girl considering there are billions of humans on the planet.

So at eighteen I worked different part time jobs including a plumber's helper and went to school at the same time. I lived in shitty apartments for about 10 years. I didn't get involved with girls during this time because I knew that it would derailed my plans. Let's face it, if you get a girlfriend, sooner or sooner you will have sex, then whether you use protection and are very careful accidents happens. Then kids come into the picture and your done.

I'm in my early 30s, and I can now actually retire and have enough money for the rest of my life. My business now runs itself. My jw family after a few years reached out to me and told me that they wanted a relationship with me regardless of me never wanting to be a Jw. Now some of them are waking up.

None of this would have happened if I had stayed in the religion. You cannot make any type of progress in anything, if you stay in the Watchtower Religion because they STEAL ALL YOUR TIME--ACTUALLY THEY STEAL YOUR LIFE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit