I'm starting a Counter-Watchtower magazine

by Counter-Watchtower 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Counter-Watchtower
    Counter-Watchtower

Im starting a Counter-Watchtower magazine for everyone to give to their JW friends and family or just to give to those that come to your door. The first issue is about the history of pyramidology of C.T. Russel and under the start of Rutherford along with some other things like pointing out the fact that no one knows the translators of the NWT or writers of the watchtower, "the two very things relied on to teach you".

Its writen in such a way to be very repectful but to make the reader think, and hopefully the light come on. 75% or more are quotes from the watchtower along with actual images of their publications.

When done I will post a PDF on this site if i can and or image files if i can, or you can email me and ill send you a PDF you can print.

Any person that wants to contribute please email me at:

[email protected]

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Congrats, and I hope you are successful with the new publication.

How is your command of the English language? At the very least you will need to be grammatically correct with good spelling and punctuation to keep your readers. If you lack these things it will appear the magazine is being written by someone who is poorly educated. Good proof reading is a must.

Do you notice anything in these remarks...

- "Its writen in such a way to be very repectful..."

- "...and hopefully the light come on."

- "When done I will post a PDF on this site if i can and or image files if i can..."

- "...or you can email me and ill send you a PDF you can print."

The above 4 lines contain at least 8 typos that need correcting. Anyone can make mistakes, even highly educated people, but before final publication good proofreading, with corrections, needs to happen.

All the best to you on your project!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

It sounds like a really interesting project you're undertaking. I just know from person experience that Jehovah's Witnesses won't even accept a photocopy of their OWN magazine back issues because the source that's handing it to them is not a Jehovah's Witness, or it's someone still in, but trying to flag an issue. They're very hypocritical about rigorously handing people literature but will readily decline or throw away without reading anything given to them that covers religion.

@ScenicViewer Opening line "Im starting" needs an apostrophe, and don't forget "watchtower" requires an upper case. I understand the need for correct grammar and spelling when conveying important messages because sometimes the power of your content can become cheapened if the reader is distracted by simple typographical blunders. But hey - when banging out comments on here, I know I slip up for sure and use the wrong word at times. Pls dont dis my speling : (.

• Counter-Watchtower
    Counter-Watchtower

It will likely be one issue, who knows if it will go any farther. Yes it will not be my slopy writing like on here. But thats interesting most wont take a photocopy of a back issue! If they won't take mine and read it why would they expect me to take theirs? The cover will have Russel and Rutherford looking grand with the title "A Journey in Time Through" old watchtower cover. At the bottom "A look through time at Jehovah's Organization and its great leaders" or something like that.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    If they won't take mine and read it why would they expect me to take theirs?

That's a good question, and I don't recall Witnesses having a good reply to it. I was never offered literature by someone else, that I recall, but I was always a little embarrassed by the Witness stand of expecting others to accept our literature while we wouldn't take theirs.

The cover will have Russel and Rutherford looking grand with the title "A Journey in Time Through" old watchtower cover.

I like the idea of Russell and Rutherford looking grand!

They were good at that.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    @ScenicViewer Opening line "Im starting" needs an apostrophe, and don't forget "watchtower" requires an upper case.

Oh yes, that's a good catch on those typos.

Pls dont dis my speling

Oh, funny woman!

• Counter-Watchtower
    Counter-Watchtower

So is it a waste of time to finish and post it? Will none or your JW friends or family really not take it? The JW friends of mine will. But then again they seem to have more freedom and be more open and logical than it seems others are.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    If they won't take mine and read it why would they expect me to take theirs?

That's a good question, and I don't recall Witnesses having a good reply to it.

The internal reply is

"My magazine contains the Truth and your magazine contains Satan's lies. Therefore you should read mine, but I can't take yours"

Some JW actually say something along those lines when offered literature. Most realize this is quite disrespectful to say out loud and likely angers the other person, so they mumble something else embarrassedly.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

don't let no one scare you. you print/post whatever you have to expose the wts.. if you help one person you did great

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Counter Watchtower. I think your idea is something many on here could tap into and contribute towards. Who knows till you try. Best of luck

UTC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit