by Joker10 33 Replies latest jw friends

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

"we're jehovah's witnesses

we speak out in fearlessness

ours is the god of true propheCYYYYYYYYYY

what he foretells comes to be.'

ironic, huh? that wasnt my favorite but it sure is hard to forget

i think my favorites were 'to god we are dedicated', 'make the truth your own' (another catchy one), and that memorial one, i can't remember the name

• integ
    integ

There's one that's my favorite, not because of it's superior production qualities, but because It's so ridiculous. 'Make the truth your own". I think there's a line in it that says "If your body members you control...You make known that the truth is your own".

Integ.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I never will forget the first time I walked into a Kingdom Hall and heard the melodies playing......I was a Stripper in Dallas.....the KH music sounded distinctly like soap opera tunes....weird shtuff.....as for Kingdon melodies favs?.....personally, I liked the ones in Sister Act and Sister Act II.....

Frannie B

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I've always liked "Fear them Not". The story is that it was written by a brother in a concentration camp. Now, I don't know if it's true, but if it is, the words are very powerful.

Most of my favorites are in the old pink songbook. I guess that's the one I grew up with and am used to.

......I was a Stripper in Dallas

Frannie: I wanna party with you!!!!

• pinoy
    pinoy

"Jehovah God is my shepherd, so why should I fear or fret. For He who cares for his sheep so grand, would not of his own forget"..

• Joker10
    Joker10

Song # 4, 8, 13

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I just hauled out my old song book and guess what? I couldn't find any that I really cared for. In fact, as I looked at the words I couldn't even put a tune to most of them, and I've only been out for a few months. I found a few I really hated though.

Walter

• Vanant
    Vanant

I've always been partial to #111, "The light gets brighter." o/~ La luz de Dios en su Palabra brilla-- o/~ It sounds nicer with the orchestra. I can't think of any other one I've liked; they all sound so much like elevator music. And the lyrics . . . I remember as a kid getting in trouble with my dad because I would only mouth the words instead of singing the embarassing lyrics. At least it was funny hearing all those terrible singers at the meetings tunelessly belting out the songs at the top of their lungs, as if the louder they got, the better the chance of Jahoho being able to hear them in heaven. :D

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Has anyone mention the closing song at the Assembly's?

"If you keep you eyes on the prize" (circa 1960's)

I liked that little tune. Or did I just like it cuz it meant the end of another boring Assembli? LOL!

• smack
    smack

anything by Santana...

oops wrong thread

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit