Trenton NJ Convention... Some Brief mpressions

by Room 215 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Room 215
    Room 215

Peak attendance (Sunday): 5,645; 26 baptized. General impression: "Convention Light"-- i.e. entertainment value:(previously nil) now enhanced by leavening the boring talks with interspersed video. Shameless, maudlin appeal to emotions of the crowd (not a few tears shed during final video). Total abandonment of intellectual appeal (first-ever convention with no literature release).

Otherwise a traditional JW gathering... ethnically diverse, preponderantly black (by a small but distinct margin)... the usual smattering of grotesquely obese and pretty-to-beautiful young girls, trophy wives-in-waiting, dressed to the hilt;

No Bethel biggies in evidence (they're holding out for an all-expense trip in Business Class to an exotic international destination).

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

0.46% baptism rate. That's the best part of twice as good as some other results we've seen. NJ must be bathing in the light of extraordinary JW growth.

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello,

And In France ( Villepinte ) more than 22,000 en round 200 baptized !!!

We had pleasure to see Stephen Lett ... that promise "tribulation" very near :). When he talks , I wonder if he was not prepare the futur "trial" with Australia and all problems with pedophilia around the world ...

And a strange new borg ... "Kenneth Flodin" .. He said, he lost his sister now .. but no "emotions" on his face !

No tears on his eyes,neither in his voice !

Very very strange :(

Is he human ?

Greetings

• sir82
    sir82

Total abandonment of intellectual appeal

LOL - you used "intellectual appeal" in a post about a JW convention.

"Intellectual appeal" has pretty much been gone for, well, since forever.

Although, I will admit, the posture of giving the appearance of an intellectual appeal used to be there. But even that has been gone for at least the past 20-25 years.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Although, I will admit, the posture of giving the appearance of an intellectual appeal used to be there. But even that has been gone for at least the past 20-25 years.

In more recent years it's all about about "monetary appeal".

JEHOVAH NEEDS YOUR MONEY!

Doc

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Less than 1/2 of 1%. Works for me.

• smiddy
    smiddy

It wouldnt have anything to do with Harrison Ford , Han Solo , moving their would it ?

just saying

smiddy

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    It wouldnt have anything to do with Harrison Ford , Han Solo , moving their would it ?

I thought you were kidding when you said this -- and I live in NJ!

Just googled it and it seems to be 100% true (although I doubt Ford is moving within Trenton city limits .. . . very nice farmland and houses not far from there though).

Further googling revealed his moving to Trenton was a phony news story. . . . but there are other rumors about Ford having a house in NJ, which really isn't that far-fetched.

• steve2
    steve2

"And a strange new borg ... "Kenneth Flodin" .. He said, he lost his sister now .. but no "emotions" on his face !"

When I hear people say they have "lost" a member of their family or relative, I feel tempted to ask, "How thoroughly did you search for them? Perhaps they are simply hiding around the corner?"

• Jse
    Jse

0.46% baptism rate. That's the best part of twice as good as some other results we've seen. NJ must be bathing in the light of extraordinary JW growth.

I find that number deplorable for a group that boasts about there preaching. About 2 weeks ago our church had a baptism. They have about 3500 people in attendance. We had 135 people get baptized. That means about 4% of the attendance got baptized. Our church DOESN'T GO FROM DOOR TO DOOR. The people just come. They have on average 30 new people join the church a month.

The JW's have nothing to brag about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit