The "Regular Pioneer" title has now become a total joke

by pistolpete 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

True, and we were told to keep our time slips as proof that we were ministers, in case we were drafted.

I am in full agreement with this. I have always believed that the pioneer status was invented primarily for this reason, to provide written evidence to the US draft board that the person is a 'minister'. The court records of the 1954 Walsh case make it clear. Likewise for the Ministry School, invented to give some evidence that they had received training in the ministry. Admittedly the draft issue has receded in the US, and the pioneer status has kind of morphed into something else over the years, but at its origin it was all about the draft issue.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''True, and we were told to keep our time slips as proof that we were ministers, in case we were drafted. Luckily for those of us in the U.S. the draft was done away with before I needed them. Pioneers were thought to fare better when it came time to be drafted and that was a big draw for young guys of draft age back in the day.''

I remember too someone mentioning that. But it's one of those 'hidden agendas' that the Borg likes to keep under the radar,,,to suit their ways.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I wonder if the borg knew that when I was "Pioneering " and placing high volumes of literature. It was going in trash cans and dumpsters. And my " Studies" where hanging out with friends for drinks.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Proof" for the draft board, huh?

I never heard of that; must have been more of an American thing.

Makes sense, though.

Although I'd've thought the Org leadership would prefer young guys to be imprisoned rather than given a pass...

...they sure liked setting up the rank-and-file for "persecution" back in the day, after all.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Confusing announcement in the October Meeting workbook says that Auxiliary Pioneers for November sign up for either 30 or 50 hours. How does that figure with earlier announcement about dropping hour requirements?

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

They just set up a class distinction.

You can be an AP30 or an AP50. Guess who is more spiritual?

This probably also means that the hour requirement is coming back for regular pioneers.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well it’s confusing.

Has the hour requirement been reinstated? Otherwise what does the announcement about hours for November mean?

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I thought the dropped hour requirement referred to Regular pioneers.

I didn't think they were promoting Auxiliary pioneering during Covid.

I think stating the choice of hours for Auxiliary pioneering is slowly introducing the idea of getting back to normal field service.

But, I wasn't there so I could be wrong?

• James Jack
    James Jack

My wife pioneered for 24 years. Came down with Breast Cancer in 2010, missed her time quota by a 100 hours, they deleted her. She felt that although not making her time, it was still better than the average publisher, bringing in more Bible Studies than them. She had the “Pioneer Spirit “, which would be encouraging to others. The CO went to bat for her, but they ignored his advice.

What a loving Elder body and a fond memory she has. She sacrificed a career as a land surveyor. When I reminded her of this, she came over to the other side with me. I’m so glad that they were so loving, kind and understanding. What a great Organization of men JW’s have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit