The "Regular Pioneer" title has now become a total joke

by pistolpete 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Overrated
    Overrated

You look closely at the whole Jw concept, nuts to bolts, it's a Joke!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

This whole concept of preaching and Pioneering and Field service, is a Joke if we give it some thought.

Do we go and preach that gravity Exists? Do we go and preach that the sun Exists and that the moon Exists? NOPE. That would be a Joke, since everyone on earth feels gravity, can see or feel the sun and can see the moon. All of us were taught about the sun and moon and gravity, a few years in our school. That’s it. And we believe it still because we see them every day.

Then why on earth does, a god needs to be preached. That he exists, that he is good, that he is Almighty, that be performed a whole lot of miracles in Middle East... Some 2000 years ago and remains silent since then and Expects us to go and preach about him now.

Even More absurd is the time reporting of the JWs. Do we track and report time about how much time we spend with our loved ones, or do we track the time when we tell others about the good things our father did to us. ?

It’s all Non- sense.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    the olden days pioneers got the literature from the book room at cheaper rates than ordinary publishers. That was a tangible benefit and demarkation

That is correct, all magazines and literature had three rates, Publisher, Pioneer, Special Pioneer So for a magazine which sold to the public for 4d, a publisher paid 3d, a pioneer 1d and a special 1/2d. (For younger or non UK d is an abbreviation for the pre-decimal penny) The congregation was charged at the publisher rate and then they claimed back the difference for all literature and magazines for the pioneers and specials. So being a pioneer actually cost the society money. The idea was they made a few pennies on all placements but in return had to make the hour requirement each year (1200 in the 1960's)

Now it doesn't cost the society they will appoint anyone to pioneer just for the statistics.

Yes, they still run the Pioneer School during Covid, it's done on ZOOM. some from our congregation attended recently.

George

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Remember the "experiences" at the assemblies of Pioneers who were about to quit pioneering but miraculously at the last minute found a $20 in the pocket of an old coat, or found the perfect part time"pioneering" job or ran into somebody who was giving away a car. And of course there was always someone who threatened to quit their full time job and because they were such an outstanding employee, their boss gave them a better and higher paying part time job. Surely Jehovah had a hand it all of this and will do the same today.
  • FFGhost
    FFGhost

What's even more totally nuts is that there is still an "enforced" requirement of 50 hours (or 30 during certain months) for auxiliary pioneering.

So, you can be a pioneer and get 5 hours per month, but if you sign up to be an auxiliary pioneer and get 44 hour instead of 50, in theory, the elders could "get after you" (although, practically, I doubt anyone would) for not meeting your commitment.

Yeah, I know if several people who have joined up as regular pioneers recently. I'm quite sure their schedule will not allow them to get anywhere close to 70 hours.

It is, as has been noted on this thread here, supremely stupid. Why not just make everyone a pioneer, if there is no hour requirement? What's the bloody point?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''It is, as has been noted on this thread here, supremely stupid. Why not just make everyone a pioneer, if there is no hour requirement? What's the bloody point?''

That's the entire underlying element of the preaching work. It's pointless,

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Since I suspect the whole door-to-door record-keeping thing was actually to maintain a “charity”-related paper trail (in case of auditing), and the Org’s tax-exemption is likely approaching it’s end, there probably isn’t much point, anymore.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Since I suspect the whole door-to-door record-keeping thing was actually to maintain a “charity”-related paper trail (in case of auditing), and the Org’s tax-exemption is likely approaching it’s end, there probably isn’t much point, anymore.

There's actually not much point in opening the Kingdom halls ever again, or resuming the door to door work, or EVEN CONTINUING THE ENTIRE RELIGION.

Put a fork in 1914-----Your Done!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

True, and we were told to keep our time slips as proof that we were ministers, in case we were drafted. Luckily for those of us in the U.S. the draft was done away with before I needed them. Pioneers were thought to fare better when it came time to be drafted and that was a big draw for young guys of draft age back in the day.

• Syme
    Syme

Pioneer was always a joke, a no-entity office, unless you were a male on the course for CO-grade career. Essentially it had all the requirements of ms/elder (plus the hours) but with no actual privileges.

I really don't know how they justify keep this 'rank' in the post-Covid era.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit