Regional mr splane said at regional

by poopie 40 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie

He said that the parents of df or inactive do not have right to help there child why not? His answer its above there pay grade. He also said another witness helped this young lady she was a sister so another person can help your child but you cannot he said let Jehovah help them.Audeince dead silent.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Wtf, these guys are nuts!!!

• prologos
    prologos
    pople: "His answer its above there pay grade.

Tell us what he said, we might understand, because some people are underpaid

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

He said that the parents of df or inactive do not have right to help there child why not? His answer its above there pay grade.

That`s an Odd Comment coming from someone..

Who lives off of Donations from JWs..

My name is David Splane...I`m a WatchTower Bum!..

GOT ANY SPARE CHANGE?!!..

Image result for Watchtower David splane

• sparky1
    sparky1

Will the real David Splane PLEASE sit down and shut the F%*K up!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Above their pay grade??? That's showing what value the GB puts upon families who have DF/DA children. We are not fit to help our children?. What is their thinking on this??? Is this another flawed illustration that wasn't thought through?

I've been thinking for a long time now that the GB aren't qualified to assist such ones.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Its surprising that he included the inactive children in his statement.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Could you quote exactly what he said again - it was not clear to me. What talk was it - i want to look up the outline.

It doesnt sound quite right or might be a bit out of context?

• Wayward
    Wayward

Seems like they're coming down harder on us inactive folks than they did before. But I'm guessing that if those JW parents who kicked their inactive/DF/DA kids to the curb needed help, the GB would tell them: "Don't come to US for help! Go ask your kids who you haven't seen in 20 years because we told you to cut them out of your lives."

• blondie
    blondie

Then why does the prodigal son story showing the father helping the son, not a family friend?

New light?

10 Although the elders take the lead in searching for and helping sheep who have strayed, concern for missing fellow believers is not limited to Christian overseers. Others can cooperate with these shepherds. We can and should offer encouragement and spiritual aid to our brothers and sisters who need help to return to the flock. How may such assistance be given?

11 In some cases, the elders may arrange for experienced Kingdom publishers to conduct a personal Bible study with inactive ones who express a desire to be given assistance. The purpose of such efforts is to rekindle in such ones “the love [they] had at first.” (Rev. 2:1, 4) These fellow believers can be built up and strengthened spiritually by considering material they missed while they were absent from the congregation.

17 It is love that motivates Christians to assist inactive ones to return to the congregation. Regarding his followers, Jesus said: “I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:34, 35) Yes, love is an identifying mark of true Christians. Should not that love be expressed for baptized Christians who may have become inactive? It certainly should! But providing needed help may call for the exercise of various godly qualities.

8 If you are to help someone who has strayed from the flock of God, what qualities might you need to display? Besides love, you may need to show compassion, kindness, mildness, and long-suffering. Depending on the circumstances, you may also need to be forgiving. Paul wrote: “Clothe yourselves with the tender affections of compassion, kindness, lowliness of mind, mildness, and long-suffering. Continue putting up with one another and forgiving one another freely if anyone has a cause for complaint against another. Even as Jehovah freely forgave you, so do you also. But, besides all these things, clothe yourselves with love, for it is a perfect bond of union.”—Col. 3:12-14.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008841?q=inactive&p=par

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit