Creepy, creepy movie "Wanda Nevada"

by James Mixon 10 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Wanda Nevada (Brooke Shields) a 13 year old girl and a man 30 some years old (Peter Fonda) not only expressing their love for each other, but forming a relationship and end up running away together, yes a little creepy. Couldn't sleep last night so around 4 o'clock it was on....The movie made in 1979 what the hell was Hollywood thinking when making this movie, a love story romance/westerns.....

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

What about this acclaimed Oscar prospect film, "Call Me by Your Name." About a 17 year old boy in an affair with a 30 something year old man. Hollywood is screaming about all the sex abuse in their industry but are lauding this pedophile showcase for an Oscar? Pull your head out people.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Pull your head out people.

No pun intended?

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

How the hell does being with a 17 year old make you a paedophile?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Fred Franztone: How the hell does being with a 17 year old make you a paedophile?

Depends on which state you're in.

Wasanelder Once might be in California for example.

See also:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6505744331440128/california-elder-arrested

• amicabl
    amicabl

I was under the impression that paedophilia refers to sexual attraction to pre pubescent children not necessarily those under the age of consent. I looked up the Wikipedia definition and it states much the same. I wish I could cut and paste on my iPad. One day I will make the effort to learn how.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

Yeah, a paedophile is someone who is attracted to preteens, regardless of the age of consent, which is 16 where I live. An age of consent above 16 is insane in my opinion.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

So you see why a love story between a 30 something year old and a 13 year old was creepy, even a 16 year old would be sick (most are still in high school).....

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

No, a 16 year old with a 30-something would not be sick, it's quite common, and it's just prissy to act all indignant about it. Where I live (and in the vast majority of countries) it's perfectly legal.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Fred I'am not being prissy or acting indignant about it, I realize the age of marriage in the US is 18 but most states allow marriage at 16 and 17 with parental consent and Nebraska 19 and Mississippi 21...But I feel 16 is to young to get married that's my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit