Road Sweeper vehicle ploughs into JW Carts

by darkspilver 20 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Phew, thanks evryone, thought I was going blind or crazy after re reading the article.

My initial thought was the cart must have been parked pretty close to the edge all on its lonesome.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

As the short video shows from yesterday, the man arrested and put on the ground by the police, was getting handcuffs put on him because he ploughed into a Jehovah's Witness STAND not into any human being with family and friends. The STAND has no feelings...

Even though JW..org has a cartoon to show a singing cart... They really can't sing... And they are not real...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Even though JW..org has a cartoon to show a singing cart... They really can't sing... And they are not real...LLLFS

They can sing and they are real!.....It`s in the Bible!...

Image result for Bible

"Oh Gawd!/ Somebody help me!"

Image result for Jehovah`s witness literature cart

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

And another one bits the dust

and another one gone, and another one gone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Was the guy down on the ground because the police threw him there before placing the handcuffs on him, or was it because he had fallen down dead drunk, I wonder?

Either way, it looks like the only injuries suffered were to one or two people's egos!

• Simon
    Simon

Whether he hit a cart, a person or ran into the wall of a KH, some of the comments here are symptomatic of the "attitude" of some that see any negative event that happens to JWs as something to do a little song and dance over.

We see it when a coach-load of JWs going to an assembly crash - instead of some empathy and sympathy, some people point and laugh and see it as an opportunity to score points over it. "oh, your god didn't save you ... ho ho ho".

People who think like this and try to justify their hatred are sick IMO.

• freddo
    freddo

I catch your drift Simon, but if it had been stated in the newspaper article that a person or people had been injured or killed I don't think "anyone" (*) who generally posts on your forum would have gloated over it or gleefully made a joke of it.

For a cart to get trashed with no injuries is a quite amusing if insignificant event isn't it?

(*) Anyone normal that is!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Oh, your god didn't save you ... ho ho ho"......Simon

Image result for Santa claus pointing

Santa`s an Assh*le?...

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    freddo: ...if it had been stated in the newspaper article that a person or people had been injured or killed I don't think "anyone" (*) who generally posts on your forum would have gloated over it or gleefully made a joke of it.

I agree with you, Freddo.

When I first read the story, the scenario made me chuckle - sort of like a slap stick comedy where a fat drunk guy runs a sweeper into a poor unsuspecting JW cart - literature flying all over the place. And the drunk fat guy just going about his business finding more booze...leaving the dead literature cart in ruins...It made me chuckle in the same way that low comedy occasionally does.

Then, I double checked the article, sort of kicking myself for laughing at a tragedy that may have hurt someone. I read it carefully again before I posted. I didn't want someone to think I was an insensitive person that would joke about somebody getting hurt. (*edit to add - that is actually the really funny part - of course the sweeper didn't hit anybody - there is never anyone around those carts)

And then I read Simon's comment and I admit that his reaction startled and rattled me a bit. But...it is the internet and it is really easy to react before thinking and just do a knee jerk reaction based on preconceived notions, so I am okay with it...no problem, as least on my part. All is good

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

All levity aside, operating machinery while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a very serious matter.

We all ought to be thankful that nobody got killed or injured during this incident.

I must admit, though, it is rather hard to bite back a chuckle or two about this machine's automated "litter sensing" equipment, and the way it went for a literature stand!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit