Road Sweeper vehicle ploughs into JW Carts

by darkspilver 20 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

In Newcastle town centre. UK.

The Chronicle Live. 15 June 2017.

A council worker will stand trial after he was accused of being drunk at the wheel of his road sweeper in Newcastle city centre.

John Paul Carruthers, who has since resigned from his post at Newcastle City Council, was allegedly over the legal drink-drive limit when he ploughed into a Jehovah’s Witness stand on Northumberland Street near to Haymarket Metro Station.

Prosecuting, James Long told Newcastle Magistrates’ Court: “The allegation is that he was driving a Newcastle City Council road sweeper when he collided first with a Jehovah’s Witness stand next to Haymarket Metro Station. He carried on then a short while later was detained on Ridley Place and was said to be aggressive.

READ MORE: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-council-roadsweeper-drink-drive-13183193

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

One of Jehovah's chariots is in the news yet again.

Can we not see Jehovah's hand in this? Oh yes indeed. He works in mysterious ways, he does, he does...

What a fine witness

• Simon
    Simon

WTF is wrong with you?

Can't you resist using any tragic incident as an excuse to attack people who did nothing to deserve it?

Think about the people who were hit and their family rather than your own petty desire to score points.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Sorry, Simon. I read the article but I missed the part that said that people were hit and their family were hurt. My apologies. My reading comprehension was lacking there and my sarcasm button was working overtime.

I will offer a prayer for condolences for those who were hit and for their families. And for the cart.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Nobody was hurt ???

• Splash
    Splash
    sparrowdown Nobody was hurt ???

Apparently not.

The road sweeper drove into the cart, not the nearby Starbucks.

In his defense he said the roadsweeper was trialling new software that automatically homed in on road side rubbish.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Sorry, Simon. I read the article but I missed the part that said that people were hit and their family were hurt. My apologies. My reading comprehension was lacking there and my sarcasm button was working overtime.

I'm sorry, but I've read this article twice and am not seeing any mention of people being hit/injured in this incident.

Unless we now consider carts to be sentient beings since they can sing.

• freddo
    freddo

No. It can't see it says anyone was hurt.

Care to clarify please, Simon?

• Chook
    Chook

If an out of control car killed an apostate in front of a Jw convention, it would be hailed as a sign of God. The rubbish sweeping machine was trying to collect the rubbish literature . As a prophet once said time and unforeseen occurrence.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Was the driver of the road-sweeper "spirit" inspired?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit