TWISTING context to produce false LIGHT (Tricks our Governing Body uses)

by Terry 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Another posing question might be how can the WTS leaders be the FDSL when they are servants to themselves as commercialized false prophets, through the continuing proliferation of their own publications ?

The GB are essentially avowed servants to the organization known as the Watchtower Corporation, its expressive operative needs and means. They self proclaim that Jehovah guides their organization selectively and brings light through his holy spirit., how can false teachings, against the written word be light from god ?

Why would god choose the WTS when these men were still preaching the theology derived from Pyramidology ? (1919) I guess they did so to invoke some viability around themselves to again aid in the proliferation of their published works .

• cha ching
    cha ching

I really enjoyed that Terry, thanks for all the effort, it was a great & well rounded summary of the evil way WT leads you along the path to darkness..

Funny moggy lover, that we'd great.. So, the truth is getting truthier & truthier! Haha!

• Terry
    Terry

My first impression of JW writings ended up being the same as my last impression. It was the in-between years which I wasted in a default mode of credulity!

I remember a Witness reading the scripture about Jesus returning and saying, "And every eye shall see him--does NOT mean the literal eye!" I sort of winced and stopped the person speaking to me.

"Says who?"

The JW blinked at me a few times and simply went on speaking!

Nonsense from the GB is always nonsense, but it is the PROCESS of indoctrination which does all the work of convincing you of something. But what?
    The Watchtower religion convinces you of GENUINE ERRORS in Christian teachings first, but later substitutes their own errors in place of the first ones!
    After that, you become a Conspiracy Theorist thanks to the magazines crazy reasons and ploys.
    Christendom is for J-Dubs what the "Jew" is for Nazis; nothing good can be said and only opprobrium can be assigned.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Very good example of how Organizations get one to believe their understanding of the Scriptures.
  • blondie
    blondie

Very good, Terry. The WTS attaches their interpretations to scriptures in such a way that it becomes part of their explanation.

For example, how many jws think that the phrase "governing body" is actually in Acts 15? I was talking to an inactive jw of 30 years and he went into jw mode until I showed him Acts 15....and he was astonished he thought it was there because the WTS uses the phrase and the cites the scripture. But never puts quotes around the phrase in the WT paragraph....a sign it is not in the bible.

*** w12 2/1 p. 27 Why Does God Have an Organization? ***

In the first century, the Christian congregations in many lands benefited from a central governing body that recognized Jesus as the Head of the congregation. (Acts 16:4, 5)

(Acts 16:4, 5) 4 Now as they traveled on through the cities they would deliver to those there for observance the decrees that had been decided upon by the apostles and older men who were in Jerusalem. 5 Therefore, indeed, the congregations continued to be made firm in the faith and to increase in number from day to day.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

Yes, Prov 4 is not speaking about "truth", it's speaking about the growth of a righteous person vs a wicked one!

And Matthew doesn't speak about the GB being the FDS....it's a rhetorical question, NOT a prophecy...

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer
    col·lu·sion
    kəˈlo͞oZHən/
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

x

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• Terry
    Terry

The Bible wasn't written for anybody but the Governing Body and anointed.

Logically then, the obligations of preaching, teaching and such are only theirs alone.

How did the rest of us get dragged into doing their work for them?

How is it they can hand out beatings when that seems to be the purview of the Evil Slave?

In nominal Christianity, Christians are to LOVE, take care of widows and orphans, to visit the sick and those in prisons.

In J-Dub-land, Christians are to peddle magazines and wear logo pins and pretend they are the only people on Earth worthy of Life.

Hmmmm. . . .

• bradford
    bradford

We relate this to the governing body and the watchtower but every religious organization that is looked up to by any follower base turns the scriptures into whatever they want as well through any variety of connections, some with context usage, some without.

JWs are a Cult and religion is mind control. The bible is a fairy tale.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit