Armageddon house?

by exjwlemming 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

The other night, my wife and I were driving through a upscale suburb with old, large, beautiful homes. There is one house that my never JW she really likes. As we drove by the house, I turned to her and said, "that's your Armageddon house." She looked pretty puzzled so I explained the phrase. While in the door to door work, JWs would stake claims on homes that they would have after Armaggedon and all the worldly people were killed off. She couldn't believe it and thought it was really sick and demented. Anyone else experience this in the ministry?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Yeah, that was pretty common place.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes. You still hear conversations like this from time to time. Believe it or not. It is pretty sick.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I was introduced to this concept as a young girl the ONE MONTH I auxiliary pioneered in my life. The RP told me about it. Oh god.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I think if you were in the cult and went in service and did not hear it , that would be very strange.

• waton
    waton

the nicest house, with jw neighbours for an eternity, would be torment, unless you are of the upper tormenter class.

• carla
    carla

I told my jw about this and he didn't believe me, that was years ago. (he joined up later in life) Now if I ever bring it up he deflects and will not outright answer if he has heard of this or not. same old.

• hoser
    hoser

Unless Jehovah somehow changes the laws of nature in the new system, who is gonna maintain all those Armageddon houses?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CARLA:

I doubt very much your JW is going to be honest with you about anything negative pertaining to the religion or the people in it.

I also heard that same stupidity out of the mouths of JWs when we were out in service. Unfortunately, they are covetous people because they are told not to get higher education or a decent career to pay for a nice house…Instead, they have dreams of inhabiting some non-JWs home after Armageddon.

I even heard something sick once from a sister who said (when looking at the homes on an attractive block) “well, they are having their reward in full”. I said that somebody may have worked very hard for their house! It doesn’t mean they are ‘bad’.

Speaking of “getting their reward in full”, I think THAT about JW pioneers back in the day who judged me as ‘unspiritual’ because I worked full-time. They got invited everywhere and fawned over - while I was avoided. Well.. hopefully they were able to Retire and can pay their bills today without looking for handouts from hard-working responsible people! Glad I’m Out.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard that line of rubbish so many times, but I always preferred just building my own. That way, I would actually be able to make it fit my needs, with exactly what I wanted instead of something I might find useless or inadequate. And in an area that is best for me, not directly adjacent to 50 other buildings that I might find useless or downright ugly.

And living in the midst of jokehovians? And they thought hellfire was bad?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit