Are Jehovah's Witnesses running a race with no end in sight?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Horse Racing Track

Horse racing lengths vary from just a couple of furlongs to several hundred miles, if you count the Mongolian Derby. In Britain, horse racing rules state that races should be over a minimum of five furlongs, while the longest race is over 4m2½f.

long-nascar-race-last

NASCAR races generally last anywhere from 1.5 to 4 hours, depending on the length of the race, number of laps and track conditions. Many races are 500 miles in length, though some are shorter or longer.

For most runners however the average time for completing a marathon is 4 hours 30 minutes for men and 5 hours 10 minutes for women.

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (WBTS) is now in its 136th year as a corporate entity. It was founded in 1884 as Zion’s Watch Tower and Tract Society by Charles Taze Russell.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Are JW's running a race with no end in sight?

I would have to say no. Death is the end. We all will die. There has never in history been a human to live forever, and there never will be.

They are though running a race with no winners.

• waton
    waton

Wt inc is running a relay event, with runners expendable. Ideally if they are run to total exhaustion, stripped of all their resources, their death.

The comments of D. Splane above say it all, overlapping centenarians giving 80 years of their lives to the corporation, running concurrently for 20 years each, just these 2 groups on the track will carry the baton to 2075.

Baton, from battre. beating.

love your overlapping laps until you collapse.

• RickJones
    RickJones

Most JWS are not so much focused upon reaching the end of their race which is Armageddon but firmly believe their participation in their particular race is worth being in it for the better toward themselves.

Their rewarding prize for their steadfast participation is not being killed and to live on into eternity, fortuitous to them in spite stepping away from reality in a appealing self imposed delusion.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

FedUpJW'

"Are JW's running a race with no end in sight?

I would have to say no. Death is the end. We all will die. There has never in history been a human to live forever, and there never will be.

They are though running a race with no winners."

And then they insult your intelligence by telling you ''you got a future blah, blah,, blah''', ''the future is bright'', ''you have a future, blah, blah, blah...''

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Yep..when i finally cut any remaining tie to the cult..my soon to be ex wife told me i had no future.

That was 40 years ago.

• RickJones
    RickJones

Strangely but maybe not so surprising the finish line to this race has been constantly moved forward again and again since the Watchtower Corporation was first started in the late 1800's.

Why is that ?

• Ding
    Ding

The end is always in sight for them.

The problem is that the finish line keeps moving.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It does end--with everyone being enslaved. That is your prize for following that stupid bible--helping joke-hova by providing your energy and resources to have us all enslaved. Giving us no way to fight back--the elections in this, and various other countries, are a prime example of this energy working against us. A nation votes a candidate to put a stop to this nonsense, or to exit a communist bloc, and then joke-hova uses a small group to say "F*** you" to the people. And, if you try civil disobedience, they have you arrested and thrown in the gulags while those committing violence to forward communism are allowed to go free.

In the end, we will all be forced to get coronavirus shots that will turn us all into greys. In addition to the RFID chips to enforce it. This is your reward for your effort in this race.

• waton
    waton
    The end is always in sight for them.

D: it is like the horizon, always a certain distance away, depending on your heights above sea level. or the associated fata morgana, Mirage, like Chicago floating above Lake Michigan. The tantalizing Lake in the dry desert.

The greeks had characters to describe wt member's lives, so far:

Sisyphus; Tantalus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit