Well...It's 2018 and still no ''Armageddon''

by RULES & REGULATIONS 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

1972 : We started studying with the Jehovah's Witnesses when my uncle became an elder and put fear into our family that Armageddon was close

1974 : My mom, my brother and I were all baptized after all the convention talks and Watchtower magazine articles that 1975 would likely end this system of things

1999 : being told that the year 2000 was going to mark the 6 thousand years of mans existence and that the 1000 year kingdom in the new paradisewould come in the year 2000

2000 : asking lots of questions as to when Armageddon would come,figured out that if Jesus ''really existed'' the signs he spoke of to his disciples was for his generation,not any generation after his

2018 : it's never coming, no signs just lies from the WTBTS, make everyone fear the word "Armageddon" and you will have loyal followers

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Uhm.... i was around in 1999 and dont recall anything about 2000 marking 6k of mans existence . That was part of the 75 debacle. They were smart enough not print anything about 2000

your point is well taken, however. No big A in sight. So much for 100+ years of kingdom rule.

• sir82
    sir82

Yes but it's closer than ever before!

Note only that, it's....imminent!

It's closer than the inside of your eyelid!

Very soon now!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    They were smart enough not print anything about 2000

There were a couple places where (in the context of talking about the completion of the preaching work, I think) they said something like "all before the end of this millennium" and then it was changed, essentially, to "soon" in the bound volumes and on the library.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I'm sorry I wrote "being told in 1999 ", I really meant "believing that 2000 '' was finally the year of the 6,000 years

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I got baptized in 1982 when I was 14. Though I was an 8 years old child in 1975 I remember very well all the expectations for that year. When nothing happened, then the WT came up with the END would come in the year 2000. They didn't say exactly that the end would be in the year 2000 but they said that our work would be completed in the 20th century. After they realized that their words were too compromising, those words were changed in the bound volume. Image result for 1989 Watchtower

I have a print out of the Awake 1968 in Spanish where they said that EVERYTHING would be fulfilled in the 20th century. In other words, they were protecting themselves just in case the 1975 thing wouldn't happen. With this declaration, they were gaining 25 years more.No hay texto alternativo automático disponible.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RULES & REGULATIONS:

I thought the same thing you did. Let's hope there is not some disaster with N. Korea!🙏🏻

People wishing for the end of the world are fools because they can't imagine what they will have to go through.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

wolfman85

Thank you for your wonderful find! They always imply things in their wordings.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Well, according to last years ''Don't Give Up'' conventions, Governing Body member Sam Herd said that the great tribulation was imminent, so.......

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i wonder if the GB really do believe all that old crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit