Worldwide preaching campaign targeting government officials.

by smiddy3 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Or is it going to suggest to the Government Officials that this mob could very well be the next Jonestown /Wacol incident and we need to act now.?
    With all the construction projects planned for the next decade, it is unlikely that a Jonestown scenario will ever come. JW's have three important things to survive:
    1. millions of free volunteer members2. Pristine real estate (even though they are selling KH's, they are buying a lot of new properties that are not reported in public)3. Full support of the US government
    Pull any one of the three, and things may start crumbling.

• minimus
    minimus

For some reason Jehovah’s Witnesses think that the governments all over the earth are petrified because of their message and because they preach that all government will be destroyed, Jehovah God has to protect his people and when they go after them that will be the beginning of the great tribulation and God will save his people.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

They always said that the Great Tribulation would start by a strategic move from Jehovah that would put hooks in Gog's jaws to bring him and his army against His people.

Collapsing the US elections with a postal campaign seems such a move.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I get 10 to 1 junk mail so a few thousand extra pieces will not make an impact.

If the witness letters made a difference the postal service would now be in the black

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

From my personal experience -

1. Elected officials have staff that read and sort their mail for them.

2. Elected officials listen to voters.

3. Elected officials listen to persons/groups who contribute to election campaigns.

A lot of paper, envelopes, postage, and time will be wasted.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

As usual their ‘special campaign’ is kind of trite. It’s really just keeping the members (though not actually ‘members’ according to the updated ’Shepherd’ book) busy giving out extra copies of The Watchtower. ‘Government officials’ won’t be the least bit interested in the ‘message’ from the not-the-locusts-anymore. After the dramatic statement that it’s “time to take action”, their proposed ‘action’ is to wait an undefined amount of time until their imaginary friend kills almost everyone.

It’s possible their intent is to get governments to increase their opposition to the extremist views of Jehovah’s Witnesses, except their endtimes scenario (e.g. initial destruction of all religions except Jehovah’s Witnesses) is so unrealistic that it will be mostly just brushed off as nonsense, and most democratic countries give a lot of latitude for people having whatever crackpot religious views they like.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DREARYWEATHER:

Somehow I don’t see a Jonestown scenario happening either.

MINIMUS:

I was always puzzled as well by the JW religion thinking that the governments of the world were supposed to be terrified of their message. They must see themselves as the modern day equivalent of Moses going to see Pharaoh.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

LongHairGal:

They must see themselves as the modern day equivalent of Moses going to see Pharaoh.

Indeed. And "modern day" is right, because they don't use the word 'antitypical' as much now , even though they really still think about in the same sense.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Letters written on paper?

Don't they know that people use email or tweets to communicate these days!

• carla
    carla

They want to end all human leadership/government? I say they start with the gb of the jw's!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit