If you're "anointed" don't seek out other "anointed" so says the Watchtower January 2020

by RolRod 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub
    Anointed Christians do not feel that they should spend time only with other anointed ones, as if they were members of an exclusive club.

WTF! For 8-9 decades the wt has taught that the "holy brothers of christ" are very much a part of an 'exclusive group'. After all, there's only 144,000 of them (lol) and aren't they going to heaven to be in the presence of jehober and jesus rule over us? That's pretty fu*king exclusive if you consider the billions that are supposed to be in the 'new world'!

just saying!

• Giordano
    Giordano

What's creepy is a bunch of under educated people managed to construct a religion built on the bones of Adventist beliefs and the Great Pyramid, set an end time, then reset it many times over, banned blood which helped to kill off many of their believers, did not encourage higher education until they needed college level volunteers, and consistently painted their religion into a corner based on faulty research and hair brained ideas.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Oh now I know what the Masonic Set Square is - its the corner they paint themselves into.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Its all about preventing Rival groups. Simple !!

• Spiral
    Spiral

It does show that they are struggling to keep the message on track. Sounds like they are feeling threatened. Otherwise, why even put this in a WT?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Ever

More to keep divisions from the congregation. The society has a set structure ( be it flawed) that breaks down with this sort of thing.

You apparently have never met any of these fruitcakes. They see visions, speak in tongues, all sorts of things that make even we skeptics flinch

• a watcher
    a watcher

"Anointed Christians...do not search out other anointed ones, hoping to discuss their anointing with them...".

Why not? Anointed Christians want to talk about their heavenly hope just like the other sheep want to talk about their earthly hope. It's only natural to want to communicate with your true peer group. Birds of a feather flock together.

Why do the GB want to keep the worldwide anointed separated from each other?

How is it spiritually upbuilding to not be able to talk about your hope? It isn't. It's a very lonely experience.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I'm sure I've mentioned it before; there was a group in the SF Bay Area of "anointed" who were meeting for study in the 1980-90's. They would meet and discuss a subject. Then take time to pray and study it. If they began rocking in their chair it was a sign from Jehoobedo that their interpretation was correct. Heaven, or (Brooklyn), forbid, they were spreading these teachings among the halls they were associated with. The WT clamped down HARD on these heaven bound types. There were mass DF'ings. I knew one of these "Rockers". She said she Heard a voice calling her to the heavenly hope. What a loon.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

@ dubstepped

I can’t remember the site name exactly, this is going back some years. Quick search though finds a few sites that are basically what the WTS is playing wack-a-mole with.

http://www.friendsofjehovahswitnesses.com/anointed/

https://www.anointedjw.org/

• Listener
    Listener

Unity is whatever the Watchtower wants it to be.

Having a bunch of men called Elders sitting around gossiping about everyone when ord. Pubs can't do this is not unifying unless everyone accepts it because the GB says that is the way it is.

If so called anointed ones wanted to get together for a chin wag that would also be fine and unifying if the GB said it was ok. Since they say it's not, then it automatically becomes disruptive if they are to go against that command.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit