Jehovah GOD a failed GOD in many respects.

by smiddy3 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    God could allow evil to happen...but protect the innocent and punish the evil ones

Anony Mous - Thanks for playing along.

How can God allow evil while at the same time protect the innocent? I see at least two problems with that scenario.

First, of all evil requires victims. Evil is only apparent when acted upon. Its like designing an engine without fuel. You will never have measurable evil without victims. Evil and its victims are integral components of free-will and prove its existence is real.

Secondly,

There is no one innocent. Kids before the age of accountability are the exception. We have all broken the 10 commandments.

A slightly modified version of what you suggest is carefully laid out by a man who walked out of a tomb, making it very difficult for a thinking person to ignore what he said: "You must be born again".

This creates the "innocent" that you posit in your scenario. Your scenario now looks more like a biblical model of salvation.

God may judge sin, he doesn’t execute any judgements when it is relevant.

I think that is a more legitimate concern. Two things: There is something called instant karma that happens. People draw into their life what they project out and it can be substantial misery. This isn't judgment, but some sort of natural law on how things work.

Hebrews 9:27 reads "it is appointed unto man once to die and then judgement".

God placed the primary time to judge after a person has died. This life is not a time of judgement but of grace.

"I did not come into the world to judge it, but to save it" - Jesus

We could take issue with God's lack of judging in the here and now....but once he starts the judging, he'll have to see it until the end.

Which would largely prohibit the formation of the "innocent" in your scenario, since we are all guilty.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Paddy The Baddy,

I was brought up as a very young child to believe the Bible was the word of God going to Sunday Schools Church of England /Anglican and Congregational religions ,I stopped going when I became a teenager wanting the week-ends for myself after spending 5 days of schooling.

It had nothing to do with JW`s I had never heard of them having no interest in religion again until I was contacted by my workmate a now re-turned JW. Re-awakening my earlier beliefs about the Bible.

I probably stopped believing in Santa clause when I was about 5 or 6 years old.

I hope that clears up some misunderstanding .

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My 32 years as a Jehovah`s Witness taught me not to accept the "Bible as the word of God" in blind faith but look at what it actually says and teaches and to research what I thought was the word of God.

And the only conclusion I could come to was ,it was not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit