Jehovah GOD a failed GOD in many respects.

by smiddy3 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    I don`t accept the concept of sin .There is evil and crimes

Just use whichever word you like then. All three are similar enough. Are you ever going to comment on my questions? They are fair questions. You started this thread. I'm not trying to be cocky, I'm just really curious how you would work through that.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze, do you believe this was God's intention right from the very beginning, when he created humans? Did God set things up in such a way in order to lead humans to the conclusion, that the best way humans could use their free will, would be to choose to have their free will curtailed?

I do believe that. But, it gets better. God figured out a way to preserve the death penalty for sin.... (any sin) while at the same time allowing for people to be saved who are well acquainted with evil, their own and that from others and are able to see first hand its effects and consequences.... without having to personally pay the penalty for such experiential knowledge. Wow!

It is obvious God doesn't want robots, but those who are willing to prove to themselves what is that "good and acceptable and perfect will of God. "

• Overrated
    Overrated

Gee-hober the Great Invisible Creator of The Universe has failed every time. Why even pray to such a looser with such a poor track record?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

As I have said ,I don`t believe in the God of the Bible or the concept of sin.If there is no God/sin; so your questions are irrelevant to me.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    I don`t believe in the God of the Bible

Now you are stalling Smiddy. You believed in him enough to name him in the title of your thread and assume his existence, right?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sea Breeze

I believed in him once upon a time ,the same as I did in Santa Clause . Sorry SB but I think your missing the point of my post .Its more of a challenge to believers who DO believe in the Bible /Jehovah God / JW`s who lurk here.

Maybe I`m playing the devils advocate here .

You believed in him enough to name him in the title of your thread and assume his existence, right?

No not at all ,I could post about Apollo ,Zeus, or any other GOD you name it doesn`t mean I believe in them or that they ever existed .I`m talking to those who DO believe in them and that they exist such as Jehovah.

I hope that clears up any misunderstanding.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Angels and some humans will always rebel... ,whereby Jehovah will have to kill them off.
    Isn`t that a fail?

Smiddy, it sounds like you want free will and no punishment for evil at the same time. Is that a fair assessment of your criticism of God?

That would be option number one in my list below of possible reactions a Supreme Being could have in regards to evil.

I only see three choices regarding sin (or evil) :

1. God can enable it by forever letting it happen

2. God could make it impossible through instinctual programming and loss of free will

3. God can judge sin

Do you see ANY another possibility?

So Smiddy, is that your answer? Number 1 is the best choice in your opinion?

In this scenario, do you think that forever allowing evil to exist would in fact make God an enabler of evil, since he has the power to do "something" about it but chooses not to do so?

• PaddyTheBaddy
    PaddyTheBaddy
    I believed in him once upon a time ,the same as I did in Santa Clause.

Smiddy as you seem to be equivocating belief in God with belief in santa, if you had similar reasons for believing in both, then I can understand why you stopped believing in both.

I think many ex witnesses become atheist for similar reasons. They didn't have very persuasive reasons for believing in God in the first place. If the main reason you believed in God is because Tony Morris and company said he exists and the bible backs up their claim, then once you lose trust in both, you automatically lose your belief in the existence of God.

• PaddyTheBaddy
    PaddyTheBaddy
    Gee-hober the Great Invisible Creator of The Universe has failed every time. Why even pray to such a looser with such a poor track record?

Well as long as God doesn't give up, despite his perceived failures, then he is still in with a chance of accomplishing what he set out to accomplish.

Herbert Kaufman said "Failure is only postponed success as long as courage 'coaches' ambition. The habit of persistence is the habit of victory."

God's victory is our victory.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@sea breeze: there is a fourth option - God could allow evil to happen (let’s say evil was a free will thing) but protects the innocent and punishes the evil ones.

If a god has perfect judgment, why do we on earth do so much better at judging even as flawed as it is.

God may judge sin, he doesn’t execute any judgements when it is relevant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit