Dallas Texas 5 Police Officers dead & 6 wounded ?

by smiddy 51 Replies latest social current

• smiddy
    smiddy

And it is still ongoing ?

Obviously sparked off by the 2 Afro American citizens gunned down by police officers these past few days.?

When is this sort of violence going to end ?

What is the answer to this problem ?

USA citizens , your input would be appreciated.

Do you agree with the NRA ? or would you rather Gun Control in the States.

I realize this is not only about gun control it`s also perceived to be about race ,what`s your view.

The whole situation is just so tragic.

Especially as the USA is regarded as the leader of the free world , shouldn`t they be more of a shining example to the rest of us ?

JW Apologists need not reply.

smiddy

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Without trying to distract from this horrific event, the interpretation of the First and Second Amendments are absolutely insane.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I think this sort of thing was inevitable. You cant expect no push back from people who are disproportionally the target of ongoing and heavy handed law enforcement tactics just because they aren't white.

Having lots of high powered guns swilling around in the general population is also just going to make this scenario more likely.

America loves guns, so there will be no solution.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

A sniper shooting 10 police men. Where is this? Iraq? Afghanistan?

It makes me very sad for the police officers and for the 2 who were shot by the police and all of their families.

1 of these men was shot in a traffic control, as one of his rear lights didn't work. How crazy.

How crazy a situation when police officers are so afraid of their life that they shoot when the controlled person just makes a suspicious move.

One of the main factors to this craziness is, that there are way too much guns around. There are so much guns around that the danger for police officers is so horrific that they shoot too fast. There are so much guns around, that every few weeks we hear of a toddler shooting his mum (and that's only the cases who make it to the media).

In Switzerland and Germany where I live and all other European countries I don't need to be afraid to get shot, when the rear light of my car is not working.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Being a cop is beyond dangerous.....which doesn't justify the open murder of blacks.

My first thought about the shooting in the Twin Cites was, "Why is a cafeteria worker carrying a gun while out on a drive with his girlfriend and her daughter?"

• zeb
    zeb

My condolences to the families.

and damnation on the wilful murderers.

When is this going to end?

When people lean to love their neighbours as much as they hate them.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Obviously sparked off by the 2 Afro American citizens gunned down by police officers these past few days.?

That's not obvious. It could well have been an opportunist taking advantage of a concentration of police officers at the protest.

Being a cop is beyond dangerous....

False. It's not even in the top 10 most dangerous jobs. Stats from the department of labor: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/personal-finance/10-most-dangerous-jobs-us-2.aspx

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

The violence in this country is the same or less than before, their are more cameras now though.

And the media is feeding a fire. There is no easy solution.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I know next to nothing about these incidences.

I hope those who acted outside of the law (including any police officers and civilians) get properly punished.

There seems to be a disconnect between African-Americans and police officers.

I don't know all the ins and outs but it needs to be investigated and solutions found.

My condolences to the family and friends of the deceased.

• jws
    jws

This is exactly what many gun enthusiasts I know want. At least in principal. When a government (the cops being part of that) oppresses you, you are able to fight back against their tyranny using your guns. The flip side being that many of them are racist too and they don't mean black people defending themselves.

The black people are saying enough is enough. Stop shooting us. Which does happen disproportionately to black people. Look at Trayvon Martin. A kid playing with a toy gun. The cops rode up and shot him within seconds. Didn't pull further away. Observe. Ask him to drop the gun, whatever. Just rode up and shot him dead. In an open carry state.

And even though black people are more often the victims, it's other races too. Even white people. Recently we saw a video of a copy arresting a white kid and tazing him for no apparent reason and then throwing him face first into the pavement causing brain damage.

Most cops are probably good people. But many are flat-out assholes. It's the same people that work security jobs. And I worked a few of those. Some of them are there to prove their manliness. If you talk back. If you demand your rights, you're not perceiving them as your master. So you're going to suffer. These cops think they're in a war zone and have to treat everybody as if they're about to kill them. No. Be cautious, but don't always react with deadly force.

I saw a woman. I think it was a teen - at a police station no less - with a knife threatening cops. They shot her dead. Really? Big strong group of cops. You pussies couldn't disarm a woman with a knife. You had to kill her? Not even taze her? What a group of fearful pussies.

You go into police work, you know their are risks. Take some of them instead of shooting first. I saw a video where a hispanic man dropped his arm a little (surrounded by police) and they said he was reaching for a gun and shot him dead.

The police are out of control. And they often get off because the system doesn't truly investigate it or gives cops the benefit of the doubt. It's time to realize that cops can be the criminals too. Some of them way worse than the people we lock up.

Killing cops is not the answer. At least not in Dallas. There have been some bad cases in Dallas, but the 2 that sparked it weren't here. They weren't to blame. Don't shoot any old cop just because some are bad. But I understand your frustration.

Listen to these people with Black Lives Matter and stop trying to diffuse them with the "all lives matter" BS. Of course all lives matter, but the numbers show that black lives matter less to police.

Oh and my answer, work on better training for cops that avoid this notion that they should be so fearful and shoot first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit