The hypocrisy of today's Watchtower

by UnshackleTheChains 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

As Christians, however, we must humbly “consider others superior” to us

Yeah, THAT is really something the gibbering boobies in Warwick do...isn't it?

• Island Man
    Island Man

What I found interesting was the part where they pointed to the pharisaic practice of not forgiving a sinner after 3 offenses. They cited this as an example of the unmerciful nature of the pharisees. Yet they were completely oblivious to the fact that the NT uses the same rule for those that teach different doctrine. The ignorant fools were unwittingly condemning the NT!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

To be missed!

G.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Humble sincere caring

Or

• Good JW
    Good JW

UnshackleTheChains:

That paragraph you quoted reminded me of my conversations with die hard JWs. I have tried reasoning with the most stubborn of JWs (no heated name calling or anything silly), and in some cases, made me wonder if they were "on the spectrum". One particular JW was so absurd in his ability to (cold-heartedly) reason through WT goggles it just makes you shake your head in disbelief.

The recurring theme being that extreme indoctrination = love. Anything beyond that is "unloving". They literally redefine words, as per cult practice. There was no sense of basic human compassion/empathy unless they were a "repentant JW" (read: submitted to current WT counsel).

WT says that the Pharisees were cruel, and this translated = "they did not teach what the we teach about God (trinity, hellfire, soul, last days etc).". Human ethics/morality doesn't come into the equation because in a cult doctrine is more important than the person (although they rarely see it). The so called greater good = WT propaganda.

Simple examples of WT "morality":

A bad person - someone who tells you to take some time off meetings and not worry about underlining your WT

A good person - someone who tries to "support" you on field service by making you feel guilty over not going out.

• venus
    venus

Slidin Fast,

That's an interesting verse.

If an apostate is to be given death sentence, it is easy to see how such a law arose. See what the verse says why: "Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery." (Deut 13:10)

The very linking of the law with God's miraculous saving of Israelites from Egypt shows that this law originated from mere human minds because the story of parting of Red Sea itself originated from human minds, not a historical event. Story does not meet the standard of realism because after seeing such a great miracle no one would turn into calf worship telling one single calf "you are our gods who saved us from Egypt." (Ex 32:4,8,31)

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Read through these experiences on jwfacts.com and then compare was is said in yesterday's Watchtower study

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/jehovahs-witness-experiences.php

• jws
    jws
    and how we should be merciful and fair and not focusing on the smallest details ( rules) re the mosaic law

That's one of the things that irked me when I was a JW. We were so much like the mosaic law and so "old testament" even though we weren't supposed to be under the law.

Article after article warned Christians about this or that. Or that "a good Christian would be wise to be cautious". But being cautious meant, in practice, that it was banned. And even if it didn't say that and even if the elders didn't disfellowship you, others in the congregation would start to avoid you. It might have well said "Do not do this". And with this accumulation of laws, we were burdened with them just like the Mosaic Law was supposed to do to the Israelites.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Yes, pale emperor, those three chairs, arms folded, expressions hardened, hearts dead, prejudged, fate sealed. Pointless exercise...serves only to humilate the 'accused'. An exercise in voyeurism.....More love in an abattoir..

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This picture too is horrible. The shameful penitent being pacified by a patronizing slime-ball.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit