The hypocrisy of today's Watchtower

by UnshackleTheChains 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I don't really need to explain anything really. All I can say is that I was gob smacked at the sheer audaciousness of the entire study article. I'm still speechless.

Everything from not allowing ourselves to be like the Pharisees and how we should be merciful and fair and not focusing on the smallest details ( rules) re the mosaic law; the 2 witness rule craftily sneeked in. And then how elders should handle matters at JC's and be meticulously careful when it comes to sincere repentance.

Like wow!!!!!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, it is simply mind blowing to see the audacity and brazen hypocrisy that the GB / Society is showing!

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Yeah throughout the whole watchtower I was sitting thinking how much like the scribes and Pharisees the wts/GB are

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Do as we say not as we do.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Just read through it now quickly. Wow. Do they not even see themselves in this? Perhaps the GB know and are having a good laugh.

One thing that struck me was this pic:

Anyone who's been on the receiving end of a JC will know this IS NOT how it is. I was facing three chairs of men with folded arms. No bibles out. No upset expressions. Just vulchers circling around ready to pounce on my every word.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Here is a scripture quoted to say that our lovely, just kind elders should make an investigation and inquiry.

Deut13:14 you should look into the matter, making a thorough investigation and inquiry;+ and if it is confirmed to be true that this detestable thing has been done among you,

So far so good.

The context:

Vs 8-10 If your family is apostate:

you must not give in to him or listen to him,+ nor should you show pity or feel compassion or protect him; 9 instead, you should kill him without fail.+ Your hand should be the first to come upon him to put him to death, and the hand of all the people afterward.+ 10 And you must stone him to death,+ because he has sought to turn you away from Jehovah your God, who has brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

And after the inquiry if found guilty: vs 15,16
    you should without fail strike down the inhabitants of that city with the sword.+ Devote it and everything that is in it, including its livestock, to destruction+ by the sword. 16 You should then collect all its spoil into the middle of its public square and burn the city with fire, and its spoil will serve as a whole offering to Jehovah your God.

Yes, the WT is holding up the same operating pattern as ISIS. Just the sort of model that kindles the heart.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Pale emporer.

Like you, many years ago I had to enter the star chamber. I can only describe it as the most intrusive inappropriate interrogation I have ever experienced. That was 15 years ago and I can assure you I would never put myself through that nonsense EVER again. The whole procedure is a complete joke.

And then to put the cherry on the icing they will then likely embarrass you in front of the entire congregation by publicly reproving or disfellowshipping you EVEN if you were sincerely repentant.

But hey, we are not to be like the Pharisees 🙄🙄😏

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Pale emperor - i was in front of a JC 10 year ago and it was awful. They wanted to know every exact intimate detail and you feel absolutely tiny and worthless after its over. 3 elders chatting to 1 sister was extremely intimidating and uncomfortable especially with all the intimate questions they asked. Then i couldn't be at the meeting when it was announced I was publicly reproved coz i was so embarrassed

• Good JW
    Good JW

When I first left the org it took some time to realise the actual abuse/hypocrisy. You're so desensitised to it, you read stuff in the bible and think "well at least we don't get stoned anymore".

Lol

The same will be the case with thoroughly indoctrinated WT followers, they're so used to the crap it feels normal.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    i was in front of a JC 10 year ago and it was awful. They wanted to know every exact intimate detail and you feel absolutely tiny and worthless after its over. 3 elders chatting to 1 sister was extremely intimidating and uncomfortable especially with all the intimate questions they asked. Then i couldn't be at the meeting when it was announced I was publicly reproved coz i was so embarrassed

I'm male.... and i was taken aback at the intimate questions asked. If that's how I felt as a man, I can only try to imagine how a woman must feel being asked such questions by 3 men. It's absolutely shocking that they are getting away with this. The Australian royal commission even highlighted this very inappropriate procedure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit