The hypocrisy of today's Watchtower

by UnshackleTheChains 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Good JW
    Good JW
    Everything from not allowing ourselves to be like the Pharisees and how we should be merciful and fair and not focusing on the smallest details

Watchtower:

"Be kind, merciful and fair. Do not strain gnats like the Pharisees" ***

*** Please see clause 16959 for further details, under subheadings "Keeping the congregation clean", "Is your mother a mentally diseased apostate?" and "Why it's loving to take a huge dump on your best friend". Further updates to come (depends which way the wind is blowing).

Stay tuned for next week's article entitled "Is a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of blood acceptable to Jehovah?".

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Unshacklethechains - I still feel disgusted when I think about the questions they asked me and how they questioned me to get every minute detail about things. They must have got a kick out of it somehow. I was only 24 at the time so it was highly embarrassing talking about certain things with 3 men In their 60s

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Which WT is this? I'm going to go check on my parents this week and my mom will probably be wearing it.....

• Good JW
    Good JW

(Watchtower logic)

Mercy:

"Hi Marry I've been snooping about on your computer and noticed these racy emails between a worldly guy and yourself. I'm not going to be a jerk so I'll give you 10 days to go to the elders and confess all the nitty gritty details of your relationship".

• zeb
    zeb

"The Australian royal commission even highlighted this very inappropriate procedure." It is a pity the counsel at the ARC didn't give the wt reps at the ARC a going over with some of the questions that people are faced with at these interrogations....

• skin
    skin

8 Forgiveness is really a test of humility. The Pharisees failed that test because they considered others to be inferior. As Christians, however, we must humbly “consider others superior” to us, as worthy of our forgiveness. (Phil. 2:3) Will you imitate Jehovah and pass the test of humility?

That was in Para 8 from that WT. Do JWs really view others has superior? No way, they judge and talk down everyone who is not a JW. This para is classic double talk, we say this but do the exact opposite.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I still feel disgusted when I think about the questions they asked me and how they questioned me to get every minute detail about things. They must have got a kick out of it somehow. I was only 24 at the time so it was highly embarrassing talking about certain things with 3 men In their 60s

Speaking from experience, my ex-father in law is an elder. And he'd tell the family at the dinner table all what was going on in JC's and who's done what with who. They'd all have a good laugh. So it happens, believe me.

The worst was when i was on holiday with my ex-wife and her family and two elders families. We sat round a big table and the three elders there all told us of a JC they were on recently. They named the brother, told us all what he did and then said "we knew he was repentant, but we DF'd him anyway" and they all laughed. Wives included.

They ruined someones life "for a laugh" sick f**ks.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That pic of the guy in the JC is just awful. I know women are often thought of as the oppressed WT victims but there is enough oppression to go round for both sexes in that destructive cult.

WT loves to emasculate and humiliate men just as much as it loves to devalue women. I just want to see a pic of a JC where the guy stands up and tells them to go f**k themselves.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Here's paragraph 10. So many things sprang to mind when it was read at the study. The countless videos and testimonies by ex Witnesses highlight the cruel and unmerciful way they have been treated by the watchtowers interpretation of God's word

10 Unlike Jehovah, the scribes and Pharisees showed a careless disregard for life. How so? “You took away the key of knowledge,” Jesus told them. “You yourselves did not go in, and you hinder those going in!” (Luke 11:52) They were supposed to unlock the meaning of God’s Word and help others to walk on the road to eternal life. Instead, they directed people away from “the Chief Agent of life,” Jesus, leading them toward a course that could end in eternal destruction. (Acts 3:15) Proud and selfish, the scribes and Pharisees cared little for the life and welfare of their fellow humans. How cruel and unmerciful

• steve2
    steve2

The process of one group condemning other groups that are similar is known as "projection". It means we see in others our own faults and failings but don't realize it. For example, an angry and hateful person who criticizes anger and hatred in others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit