2015 WT CD ROM Trying to Hide the Past

by The Searcher 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

When installing, it asks if you'd like to receive automatic updates via the internet.

In other words, "We will re-write our history without you knowing what was written previously."

The Corporation knows that many will never exchange their CD ROM for the puerile online library, so doctoring their previous "truths" is the best solution.

A bit like the creed painted on the barn door in "Animal Farm."

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    It's the Orwell-Edition. But be shure, it's everytime the truth. Maybe, you have to update it, but after that, it's really the truth. Guaranteed.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I've heard that the borg is working on a fantastic new technology that will automatically update "the truth" on your CD whenever 'nu lite' is revealed by 'wholly spirit'. Trust me, guaranteed!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Landy
    Landy
    Or it could be just a way of updating the software that runs the library - but you carry on being overy suspicious and paranoid.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Or it could be just a way of updating the software that runs the library - but you carry on being overy suspicious and paranoid

Is it really overly suspicious when they have a well verified history of changing their past literature when what they previously printed becomes inconvenient? They changed many statements that referenced 1975 to remove the year for a more general phrase. They changed references to the preaching work being completed in the 19th century, to be more general after the year 2000 came and went. They've more recently removed a misquote from a biologist when it became too embarrassing (don't tell me they did this out of altruism, because if they had they would've printed a retraction in addition to removing the quote) for them.

They have a well established past of using whatever means possible to revise their history to make it more palatable. You assert that it's overly suspicious and paranoid to expect this of them, I assert that it would be incredibly naive not to.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hey Landy - a new CD ROM is issued every 12 months, so there is no need to "update software that runs the library."

I hear what you're saying though - I really have no need to be overly suspicious and paranoid about the Corporation's devious agendas - just being routinely suspicious & paranoid should cover it!

• prologos
    prologos
    Wt previously changed the wording in the official reprint bound volumes from the original issues. Old habits transferred to the E realm.
  • Simon
    Simon
    Lots of software needs the ability to be updated in order to push out updates for things like security. Often this functionality is built into the packaging framework being used.. It doesn't always have to be "sinister".
  • juandefiero
    juandefiero

They have changed the online version of the Insight book. This isn't a baseless paranoia, Landy.

• steve2
    steve2

There is nothing suspicious in updating online written information provided it is clear that it has been updated. It is a convenient feature of modern media.

For example, Wikipedia is frequently updated and indicates when it was last updated.

That said, if updated written information is passed off as the original version, that is highly questionable.

Does anyone know if jw.org indicates when online information has been updated? For example, juandefiero, do you know if jw.org acknowledged that the online version of the Insight book was changed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit