Hello

by UnshackleTheChains 28 Replies latest jw friends

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Hello,

I decided to join this forum as have been lurking awhile. There are lots of interesting topics on here that appeal to me.

I have been a witness for almost 3 decades and am very disillusioned with the organisation at this time. I am beginning to see it in a new light as I am getting older. Nothing seems to surprise me anymore, having read much of the societies scandalous past. I feel that we are chained to an organisation that doesn't allow people to freely come and go, and in which we are are forced through fear to comply with all the crazy rules of this religion.

Anyway, Hello once again. I am look forward to getting involved in some of the discussions thenceforth :-)

Regards

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Great to have you on board. It is the chaining, you rightly say that is one of the most distressing aspects of this abomination of desolation that festers on.

Anyway after that bit of purple prose, welcome!

• cofty
    cofty

Hello and welcome to the forum. There are so many who have been JWs for a long time who are disturbed by the direction the organisation is taking. Refuse to be cowered by their manipulation any longer.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hello UTC--welcome to the forum. i quit the cult more than 4 decades ago!

• Chook
    Chook

Welcome aboard, for some it's a home, others it a shoulder to lean or cry on. There's a lot less prejudice here than the org ever had, you've done a lengthy sentence, for some its like a prisoner being let out after doing a lifer. These guys on here are heroes of the poor.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome to the forum UTC. Good to know that J.W.'s continue to lurk/join due to "mother's" abuses.

I hope you'll quickly appreciate your freedom to discuss information and express your thoughts here - something which is sinisterly forbidden by the WTBTS and labelled as "independent thing."

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

Welcome, I just recently joined myself and its been therapeutic, we're here to help!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

are you new guys willing to say what country your in ?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Welcome and I wish you the best on your journey, wherever it takes you.

This forum has helped many of us to sort things out. It stimulates thought and reflection, even if you end up disagreeing with other posters.
  • Schnufti
    Schnufti

Welcome! May I ask whether you have family or spouse still in? Do you still go to meetings?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit