Hello

by UnshackleTheChains 28 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome.

Yes, the lack of honesty and transparency about the past teachings and procedures is something that has woken many "faithful" up.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, glad you found us. I have been out for quite a while and don't think the organization is at all like the one I left. Not that they didn't always have issues, but it seems they lost what little good there was in it.

Lisa 🌹

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Hello UTC. Nice to have you here. There's some great people on here that have helped me since leaving. I look forward to your posts.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Welcome to the 'forum'. You will find much good information here and the 'give and take' can be very stimulating and eye opening. I wish you all the best!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I am beginning to see it in a new light

Somehow it seems to be the abundance of "New Light" that is helping many to see the Org in a different kind of "new light".

I too lurked for months before finding the courage to register and post, and I was still hopeful that somehow Jehovah would bring about the changes that I saw as being needed to get the Org back on track. (Thus my ID) Now, I'm convinced that real change could never happen. After putting off the reading of "Combatting Cult Mind Control" by Steven Hassan (written about his time with the Moonies), I finally did so last year and I SAW THE LIGHT. WTS/JWs ARE A CULT!! The fit the model perfectly. It simply cannot be coincidental. They are devious and covert in manipulating the flock.

Glad you are here!.........................................Doc

• Giordano
    Giordano

UTC......... welcome! When I discovered this place 6 years ago......... after being out for fifty years......... it was like discovering my lost tribe! I could understand the language, references and the process each and everyone goes through.

Best of all we get to discuss all the things we couldn't while members of the WTBTS.

I and probably everyone else on this site became disillusioned with the Corporate structure of the Society as well as it's Dogma that is as changeable as the wind.

And what they didn't change like the Blood issue and Armageddon stinks to high heaven.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Welcome. Seems like you just joined but have been reading some of the posts. Please don't get discouraged if you read some things that you may not agree with. We are from all walks of life and have different experiences, views and perspectives of things.

Unlike the JWs, here you are free to accept and believe anything you choose to.

• hyperpen
    hyperpen

Welcome! I left 30 years ago and from what I have heard things have been lightened up all right! Less meetings, reduced thresholds for pioneering, cost cutting, seems like a business in survival mode! As far as new light is concerned, if the light is still getting brighter and brighter then the light must have been awfully dim when I was there!

• Tallon
    Tallon

Hello UTC and welcome.

• jeanniebeanzz
    jeanniebeanzz

Welcome to the forum. Lots to see here.

~Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit