What Do You Think About Organized Sit Ins That Are Disruptive?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Marches, sit ins, traffic blocking is the new normal for people to demonstrate. They block highways, state buildings and roadways. They may even get arrested but invariably get turned loose by the courts.

I think it’s disgraceful to demonstrate this way. Black Lives Matter, anti Trump groups and climate change fanatics just get away with these major upheavals.🥀

• Biahi
    Biahi

Sounds like the 1960’s!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Counter productive the minute they disrupt other lives. The powers behind them are not front and center. The demonstrators are often bussed in

• minimus
    minimus

True

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Instinctively I am inclined to agree with you, it feels very wrong to disrupt people's lives but rationally I know without the use of those methods I wouldn't be allowed to vote in the election tomorrow.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

What is an acceptable way to protest? Sit during the pledge?!

Something that is not disruptive or upsets people?

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Apparently, if you feel really, really strongly about something, then it's perfectly acceptable for you to behave like a total moron and fuck up people's lives just to get your point across.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think its counter productive when they disrupt so many other peoples lives who are just going about minding their own business trying to get to work and provide for their own families .

Organise a mass letter campaign to the politicians ,sit on the steps of Parliament or wherever they meet ,if you have to obstruct anybody do it to the politicians at Parliament house or canberra, or wherever politicians gather for their meetings, failing that vote with your feet at election time .

But stop obstructing everyday workers from doing their jobs and going about their business and who have no interest about your cause and are pissed off with you for disrupting their day.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We had that stupidity over here in London, with those Extinction Rebellion climate alarmist lefty loonies.

It did nothing good. Most of those people do nothing for the carbon footprint themselves. And...they're targetting the wrong audience. I dare them to go to China and do it.

I see Trump derangement syndrome is alive and un-well in America, then!?

Having said that...............

It's not my thing. I can't see major powers giving in to that sort of stuff.

• minimus
    minimus

College kids seem to be aggrieved by everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit