How service is being conducted with the zoom meetings

by newsheep 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

They recently got asked how they'd feel when the authorities came to assasinate them.

I'm thinking Wacko Texas. They are being psychologically brutalised with fear while all the time being encouraged to annoy the living daylights out of the public.

The sad thing is some of them mean so well. Several I know who were brought up as Watchtower publishers profoundly question what their parent's did to them. Their conclusion was that it was not possible for their parents, who deeply loved them, to harm them willfully. Therefore their parents had been hoodwinked.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Non profits and charities are exempt in the US from nuisance calls laws. I dont think they are recording video of the callee. How often does anyone even do more than hang up?

Who has a phone number you can find? You know how wicked it is to make a witness call in an adjoining territory.

• Overrated
    Overrated

If I would get one of those calls, I would start asking questions about their connection to the UN and the ARC and child abuse. Like I use to do when they use to wake me up on Saturday. I would just ask them a bunch of embarrassing questions. They would leave and never come back. Do the same on the phone, they would get worn out and will never call again.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would like to see the washtowel get busted. But, I have seen so many potential problems being avoided by them. Ranging from all the child abuse (and just about every form of that, sexual and otherwise) that is widespread among this religion, to copyright infringement. (And no, it is not "copyright infringement" as in a few big conglomerates hogged all the descriptive terms of a product to prevent competition from entering. It is blatant--Chariots of Fire by Vangelis is a blatant example.). And they get away with so much.

They also get away with bringing people, often as young as age 6, into the religion under false premises and then preventing them from leaving. It is a major sin to see the lies and want out--yet, they will tolerate someone that they know has killed and eaten a baby within the congregation and many others that slaughter children for no good reason. (And they will not report these incidents.) They also tolerate people being forced against their will to abstain from blood transfusions for their underage children. (Along with creating some of the conditions that lead them to needing one in the first place, including having accidents resulting from driving while too tired in bad conditions.) Yet, the washtowel gets away with it.

How much more will they continue getting away with? I wonder if it is legal to scam and kill in the name of God--and there are other cults that are also getting away with it. Scientology, for one--they actually sue people that try to leave. And then they get away with it. And, even among regular churches, there are so many priests that are abusive (including rape) and get away with it. They are finding so many churches where the pastors have murdered people, and even after they are found out about, they get away with it. Nothing is being done about it.

And, there is one big one. We all get in trouble for white people wanting to be around other white people--that is "racist", "bigoted", and "hateful". Yet, how often do churches send white people into lands where just about everyone is black or brown to ruin their cultures and their homelands with their missionary work? To me, that is actually racist because they are actually damaging other races' cultures in their own home lands. Yet, the churches get a pass? Where are all the calls to have them shut down and the lives of the pastors ruined forever? Where are the calls for everyone to boycott these churches? Is racism in its worst form (ruining the cultures in their home lands) acceptable if a church does it, but not if it's a white person preferring to date someone else that is also white?

• under the radar
    under the radar

If anyone on the line is recording these calls, it may be a crime. Many places require the consent of all parties before a phone call can be recorded.

They could get around that by informing the householder pigeon that the call is being recorded for training purposes and requesting their permission to continue.

• careful
    careful

The whole point of the EU's General Data Protection Regulation is to keep people informed of who is doing what about them, and to respect their privacy. If such phone calls are being shared electronically, then a record is being made somewhere, eh? The point about all 30+ of them counting their FS time is laughable because it is so believable!

If the experience is true, the WTS Legal Department had better look into this one!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If it works like that, I can set up some robo calls, have a few brothers in the room, and in less than an hour we could pioneer for the month while having a few brews. I could even wear a tie to make it "official."

I like the concept.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Many times I worked with one particular elder. He was kind to me and was very good at the door-to-door ministry. But he never spoke about the Bible. He'd talk about ice creams and blackberries. When I did a door I'd talk about the BIble, so he did all the doors, generally and instructed me on how to eat rosehips or pick up rubber bands that postmen had left to make rubber band balls.

One day, he found me chatting to a return visit. It had taken a lot of work on my part to get her interested in the Bible. So he walks into driveway and immediately commends her on the view from her house and starts talking all about that. Yap, yap, yap. Hardly let me say another word. I couldn't believe he did that.

Looking back I sometimes wonder if one of the main pulls a householder had was if they lived in a good size home with a few decent antiques in so that if ever there was a house sale of their goods he'd know where the rich pickings were. If so I wonder how such a practice could be adapted to phone calls. "Good morning, thank you for answering your mobile device, I was wondering if you own anything I could make some dosh out of?" Hmm probably needs to be more subtle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit