Convention Weirdness

by BlackWolf 41 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf

Well I just got back from 3 days in hell, and geez was this convention strange or what? Im sure someone's probably made a topic about this already but I can't believe that there weren't any new releases besides the movies. Has that ever happened before? It seemed like this years convention was really focused on Armageddon, there was nothing about going out in service or experiences that people had like usual. Now my crazy mother is going on about how our message is going to change soon and we won't have to preach anymore in the great tribulation. Everyone who doesn't hide in the stupid basement will be doomed.

I feel really strange now, it boggles my mind that people will actually believe this stuff. The manipulation in the videos was so obvious! This cult is so crazy, it kind of scares me sometimes. Now everybody is expecting the great tribulation to be sooner than ever, what will the watchtower do when it doesn't come? Have any of you guys been to the convention? What did you think about it?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It seemed like this years convention was really focused on Armageddon,

Now my crazy mother is going on about how our message is going to change soon and we won't have to preach anymore in the great tribulation. Everyone who doesn't hide in the stupid basement will be doomed..

Same Old WBT$ / JW Shit..

Nothing has changed in the last 50 years..

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

yeh Outlaw one change though We were going to preach a message of doom not hide in a bunker

• TheListener
    TheListener

My wife's convention is coming up. Should be interesting to see the Armageddon fear kick into high gear. It will probably make my life hell for a while before it all calms down again.

• smiddy
    smiddy

In the 1970`s-80`s their was speculation about preaching a message of doom associated with a campaign of successive brochures that we were delivering world wide.

Nothing eventuated of course.

In the 1980`s the UN ,"the abomination that causes desolation" pronounced a year of " Peace and Security ".... 1 Thes.5:3 nothing happened

Every time a failed prophecy is exposed , it`s excuse turns out to be New Light .

smiddy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

yeh Outlaw one change though We were going to preach a message of doom not hide in a bunker.....Lou bou to

Remember what the old "Private Home Book Study" was for?..

It was the most important meeting you could go to..

Once the Government Cracked Down on Religion..

It would be the only meeting you could secretly go to..

The JW Bunker / Siege Mentality has been around for a very,very long time..

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/images_zpsn8hs6212.jpg

https://questionsforjehovahswitnesses.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/capture-cult-7.jpg?w=600&h=380

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

According to the video the ones in the bunker still get caught. What a joke!!

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Don't forget to wear your tie ! A Red one like Rahabs cord !

• zeb
    zeb

There is the assumption that all jw live in houses with basements. what of the new wt palace being built in New York state (I happily stand correction) does that have basements for the gb to hide in?

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Any buildings like those in Warwick have basements. Where else would the real wt slaves work, down by the boilers, sewer pipes, and rats!

The early to mid 70's the bunker mentality was pretty heavy in the area I lived back then, and even for a couple of years after, thinking that the date was just a little off! It took about five years, for it to really sink in, that the GB was wrong! But no on would say it out loud!

Dwain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit