May 22 1969 Awake!

by zeb 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Sour Grapes
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hey zeb!

May 22 Awake! of 1969.

(This was removed from public access)

Yeah, it's an important quote and magazine....

But apart from the initial magazine printing, bound volume production and it then going naturally out of print as would be expected of any periodical - how has it been removed from public access?

Has it ever been re-published or re-printed and then public access removed?

In other words, has there ever been public access to it apart from the initial magazine printing and bound volume production? - because you can't remove something that wasn't there to start with........

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I had a heated discussion with an elder one who said the "society NEVER said, nor implied anything about 1975"

I told him he obviously had never read the magazines properly!

At the very next work day at the Kingdom Hall, he ordered all the older publications to be boxed up and thrown away in the bin. (Naturally, I kept them)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LAVERITE:

In 1969 I was in blissful ignorance and did not know anything about Jehovah's Witnesses. I was a teenager entering the workforce....Sadly, I became a JW several years down the road. But, in spite of my stupidity for having been deceived into the religion, I at least held onto my full-time job.

I'll get down and KISS the floor that I never quit my job on the urging of these people!!...I now know the religion hated women and were pushing poverty and had a fantasy of poor single women in servitude doing favors for all the users! These sickos could not stand an independent woman with self-respect..

They didn't give a shit that any woman who either didn't get married or didn't get a career to support herself ended up poor in old age. I resisted them. However, the "price" was that I was not popular and not invited much.

That's okay with me now since I am retired and out of the religion.

I feel very sorry for those who are suffering now in their old age because they listened to the Witness religion. Sadly, the religion feels no accountability for anything it has caused.

• zeb
    zeb

darkspilver. I think your answers are in the comments here. But it is a quote taken from the original awake of the time that I wrote down and come across just other day. How was it removed? on any reprints it was missing. The wt has made part of its career path to remove their prophecies and is why IMO they ask the r&f to remove or discard old publications and indeed old cd's of the library.

My heartfelt best wishes to each and all of you. For those who missed out on a worthwhile education go chase it now. You have years of life experience to take into a college education. I got my college diplomas at middle age ! Please print this quote and keep it on hand for any young ones in your circle.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I was almost 19 when this bilge spilled onto those rags.

Otherwise, I could been somebody. I could been a contenda.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I was one of those young people that magazine was aimed at, I was baptized in 1969 at age 13. Sadly I did take that terrible advice and didn't go to college. I don't dwell on it because I might have had problems with higher education anyway as I have ADHD, something I didn't know at the time. And I ended up doing pretty well in my career, I was a systems analyst for a major corporation. I am on a second career now selling antiques and making vintage style signs out of reclaimed wood. Life is good, I feel very happy with how my life turned out.

I don't plan to go to college, as I am already doing what I love, but I consider myself a life long learner. I read a lot and am currently enjoying learning about science, genetics and evolution. You can learn just about everything on the internet these days.

Life is what you make it.

• darkspilver
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hey zeb!

And secondly, I'm calling you out.....

(oh, and feel free to have a chat with both Gorbatchov about jewish women and The Searcher about kingdom halls)

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Thanks for those pages Dark!

Just a heads up that older Watchtowers are considered apostate material when someone notes that the org was/is in error.

Can you imagine that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit