May 22 1969 Awake!

by zeb 43 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

"If you are a young person you need to face the fact you will never grow old in this system of things.

Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfilment of bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years...as a young person you will never fulfil any career that this system offers".

May 22 Awake! of 1969.

(This was removed from public access)

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Never a JW.

No wonder that has disappeared!!

But 1969 was a good year had a full time job and was attending college full time AND I was pretty wild back then.

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever

Hahah! I just can laugh real hard at this.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

POOF! Gone, WT style. This is similar to a trial. Someone, on the stand, says something that the jury hears. They strike it. The problem....the jury already heard it. BAM! The older ones remember that trash written in 1969. Trust me. We have older family members that remember that. Just like that jury, you can strike it but the damage has been done. Take a look at some of the older ones faces! They have that defeated look about them. They may never admit it, but it's there.

• Ding
    Ding

And now most of the older ones think, "I have to endure faithful to the end in order to be saved, and the end is nearly 50 years closer than it was then. I've committed my whole life to this. I can't quit now. Besides, where else would I go?"

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was 12 years old when this was written. Words like this have an effect on people's lives. Shame on them!

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Oh, the Borganisation never ever predicted when the end will come! Cue smiles all around and innocent looking faces!

• JRK
    JRK

I laugh until it hurts! And I am old enough now it hurts.

JK

• jws
    jws

A few years, huh? Interesting. May 22. That's my son's birthday, but he was born exactly 34 years after that article was published. Enough time for anybody to have a career. Now it's over 47 years ago.

Never fulfill a career? No time? Sounds like an ad to turn on, tune in, and drop out. Is that why Woodstock was so packed later that year? All the JW youth decided there was no time left and went to Woodstock?

• Heaven
    Heaven

It doesn't make them look good to remove it and it doesn't make them look good that they wrote it. I have my parent's Awake! 1969 bound volume. That statement is definitely in there.

It is also in many other archives of JW material.

The 1975 hype was strong back then. There were JWs who quit their jobs and sold their houses anticipating Armageddon's arrival and the aftermath of a Paradise Earth.

Armageddon and Paradise Earth are Botchtower's whip and carrot methodology. Without the imminence of Armageddon and the promise of a Paradise Earth, what is the incentive to be a JW?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit