Marital seperation -- the Society's guidelines

by logansrun 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Okay, I'm in.

Many of you know my story, but for those of you who don't: My JW husband recently left me on the basis of "spiritual endangerment". Let me reiterate that I never even once kept him from attending a meeting, assembly, convention, or going out in field service. Yet, he seems to have the absolute support of the elders in his congregation, as well as the support of his JW parents. They are basing the "endangerment" theory on the fact that I would not allow him to talk about "THE TRUTH" with my children from a previous marriage who are 14 and 11.

This is a typical good old boy network. I have read here so many times of women who are required to endure physical abuse and stay with their husbands. Yet, when one of the BROTHERS has an unbelieving wife, the tables are turned. Maybe this is just a unique situation in a single congregation, but I just can't believe that. In fact, his own daughters (JW's - one a regular pioneer) are supporting ME emotionally through all this. In spite of all that, his elders and parents are behind him 100%.

What gives?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

wordlygirl, what gives is this: They have complete control over the thought and behavior of millions of people. That, and they do not know what they are doing. They not only do NOT have the right to be in the bedrooms and marriages of people, they are mucking it up badly; they apply rules, oops sorry, principles unevenly and sometimes not at all. I make maybe 3 meetings per month, I don't believe anything they say and yet I am in good standing. I do not go in service, and no one has ever asked me why. They just don't approach me on it. I also have not challenged them on anything either; I just don't think it will do any good. I doing my best to work my way out.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Welcome, Badger!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit