Listen to Terri O'Sullivan XJW on Croydon Radio !

by Phizzy 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Terri O'Sullivan was interviewed by Croydon Radio for a programme called "Leap of Faith", it was broadcast on Sunday.

She does a great job of showing how wacky and weird the JW beliefs and practices are, the interviewer asks perceptive questions, either he was well briefed by Terri or he is an ex JW !

She also gives info. on her Meetup group for XJW's, great fun !

Listen hear : https://t.co/JzScmqBgsn

Terri starts to speak around 17 minutes in, there are a couple of tracks played during the interview , so stick with it.

Well done Terri !

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

yes well done Terri she speaks very well indeed and her journey has not been an easy one

• fokyc
    fokyc

Excellent, many thanks Phizzy.

• Landy
    Landy

Just had a listen - she came across very well. Articulate and sensible.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

She comes across really sensible and measured. Well done.

But I must admit some of the story is hard to understand. She was a pioneer for years but she was bored with meetings in her early 20s. Her JW mum threw her and her sister out of the house after she missed just two meetings and came home late once. She reported 90 hours field service the month before, but the elders told everyone to ignore her because she came home late and missed two meetings. Then she moved into the spare room of a male colleague she had never spent time with outside work before. That's a pretty sudden and extreme sequence of events.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Well, when people who are restricted & surpressed go off the rails, they REALLY go off the rails! Nothing really surprising here...

• Landy
    Landy

Her JW mum threw her and her sister out of the house after she missed just two meetings and came home late once. She reported 90 hours field service the month before, but the elders told everyone to ignore her because she came home late and missed two meetings. Then she moved into the spare room of a male colleague she had never spent time with outside work before. That's a pretty sudden and extreme sequence of events.

I suspect there was a bit more to the story, but not something she wanted to share on the radio, which is fair enough.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Totally agree and understand it's reasonable not to share everything. But the point was actually emphasised that the reason for being thrown out and totally shunned was missing just two meetings and coming home late once. That makes JWs seem even more crazy than I have experienced them to be. It does seem a bit incredible to be honest. It should be possible to keep private details private without going out of the way to make JWs appear even more extreme than they are.

But I enjoyed the interview and Terri did a really good job.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Maybe Terri's mum is more extreme than the average JW, and having thrown Terri and her sister out, they may have moved to another area and the Elders never chased them down. Elders are lazy.

I don't know, just guessing, all I know is she is a wonderful person who now does great work for Charity and for ex JW's.

Also, if she has managed to "make JW's appear more extreme than they really are" she has managed quite something !

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Okay I guess there's no welcome for reasonable discussion or honest feedback here. My bad, forget I said anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit