Listen to Terri O'Sullivan XJW on Croydon Radio !

by Phizzy 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Don't have a hissy fit Slimboy, you'll be leaving in a huff again like a big girls blouse if you don't watch it.

I was just thinking of a possible scenario to suit Terri's story. Find her on Facebook and ask her yourself.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I'll be gone in a huff or I'll be gone in a minute in a huff.

• Landy
    Landy

Totally agree and understand it's reasonable not to share everything. But the point was actually emphasised that the reason for being thrown out and totally shunned was missing just two meetings and coming home late once. That makes JWs seem even more crazy than I have experienced them to be. It does seem a bit incredible to be honest. It should be possible to keep private details private without going out of the way to make JWs appear even more extreme than they are.

It is a fair point and one that crossed my mind as I was typing my reply.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Good show! Terri "represented" well; articulate and informed. Good job, Terri!

• never a jw
    never a jw

I am with Slim. The missing details may not justify the actions, but at least may soften the idea of mom being extreme. Possibly just an old fashion mom, but not extreme. My Catholic maternal grandma would have done exactly the same to my mother if she knew that my mom had come late and had been with a boyfriend. And my grandma would have had the approval of most people her age and generation.

The problem with perceived exaggerations is that they may detract from the messenger's credibility, even when the message is accurate and fair.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

Terri O'Sullivan. What an amazing person.

Courteous, kind, thoughtful, very intelligent, attractive, bright, competent, stylish,(does she still do modelling?) sociable, approachable, witty and amazing fun to be around.

God bless her and the help she extends to others. A true star.

Look forward to hearing her interview later.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

This was on BBC Radio 2 28 July 2016:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0437j43

Another XJW account.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Giles, have you not played down Terri's attributes somewhat ?

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

Did I go a tad too far? I think you might be right old boy, after all less is more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit