Reporting Live From Orangeburg Assembly Hall

by HiddenPimo 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Thanks for the info

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has lies in its internal structure right to its core, so why is it surprising that it would lie about what an assembly costs ?

The Jws religion is an Assembly of lies, presented to the public in a pretense of religious virtue.

• TD
    TD

Do they still include a fat donation to the "Worldwide work" as an operating expense? I'm not an accountant, but it was hard not laugh out loud when they slipped that in and the audience bought it, hook, line, and sinker.....

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

When I went to assemblies back maybe five years ago, yeah, they would throw in 500, $1,000 dollar donations to the worldwide work.

• stillin
    stillin

Thanks for the update, HP. Not much new, I guess.

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves

I attended today's assembly and yes, donations were requested.

One of the things that really bothered me was a skit that was shown. The skit involved two Jehovah Witness adult females.

One of the females was engaged. She informed the other female that she and her boyfriend were alone and things went too far. However, it was not disclosed how far things went.

The female who was engaged stated that she and her boyfriend had discussed what had happened. She stated that they both came to the conclusion that it would not happen again.

The female who was engaged begged her friend not to tell the elders. The friend responded by saying that Jehovah was watching. She instructed the female who was engaged to tell the elders. The friend stated that if the elders were not informed of what happened, she would be the one telling the elders.

The way that I saw it was, two adults decided to engage in some type of sexual behavior. The sexual behavior that they engaged in was consensual. They were both scheduled to be married within a matter of weeks. What is the purpose of the elders knowing that they engaged in some type of sexual activity? What are the elders going to do with this information? If Jehovah was watching, then why do the elders need to be told?

Also, in my opinion, sex is something that is personal and done in private. So, why do the elders need to know that a couple in the congregation that is soon to be married engaged in some type of sexual activity?

I am surprised that it was encouraged for the members of the congregation to report to the elders if they know of someone in the congregation engaging in sexual behavior.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

That's beyond creepy. Jehovah watched you guys fuck around, and now you got to go tell the elders about it, like you're writing some kinky confessional erotica. And if you don't your friend will tattle on you? How old are we?

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Not if you do it under a sheep skin.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

thieving lying bastards, how much can the expenses be in a CA hall that they own?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ Maria Neves: The anti-scriptural & mind-controlling teachings of JW's continue unchallenged by the flock!

If JW's just sat down for 3 minutes and considered Matthew 18:15-17 - using their own thinking abilities - perhaps their hearts & minds might see for the first time that Jesus said absolutely nothing about elders being involved when someone commits a serious sin.

In fact, he explicitly stated that if a sin has been witnessed by someone, the matter should be resolved between the sinner and the witness. No one else was to be involved.

Jesus never said anything about Christians having to confess to elders. Verse 16 is referring to other witnesses of the sin - not witnesses of the accusation.

Matthew 18:17 & 1 Timothy 5:20 also show exactly who should be informed of an unrepentant member & their sin, as a warning for the whole congregation - not just elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit