What Do Elderly JWs Reminisce About When They Get Together?

by steve2 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Magnum
    Magnum

My topic would be something like "What the hell is going on? We aren't supposed to be in this system now, and there's no more sense of urgency - no more excitement. In fact, with every passing day, the end seems more distant, not closer. Also, the preaching work is lame now, and there's no more depth to the publications. It's all so different from the way it used to be."

In fact, I would love to be able to say that to some of those I remember from the 70's. I would love to know what they're really thinking. It seems to me that they would have to have some kinds of doubts and questions and disappointments, unless they never really believed it and were just going along with it because that was the only life and social system they knew and were comfortable with.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yo Magnum!

Right on! In fact those are nearly the exact sentiments that I expressed to my good friend, an elder, who came to visit me when i started my fade! He was cool with what I told him and I'm sure he feels the same way but he has way to much at stake to fade--at least for now!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit