No Wonder That the WT Bean-Counters are Scared

by berrygerry 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Guess the novelty's wearing off.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Well, I would say that this thread deserves a bump (these charts speak for themselves).

• freddo
    freddo

Looking at berrygerry's (thank you) jborg graph I note a couple of interesting points.

There is a high-ish plateau throughout 2013 - anything to do with the hoopla about the new 2013 revised bible and beamed in meetings from HQ?

Then a drop followed by an all time peak at August 2014 - the big hoopla 100 years conventions - so might the traffic be to do with these?

Then an inexorable drop to a low point now with a slight blip upwards for April 2017 - maybe because that co-relates to the Russia legal ban on jw's? Also this drop is when the GB showed its collective ugly mug on jborg TV!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

This is data using 'search terms' right?

I think the jworg apparent 'interest' drop in terms of internet searches shows that the target visitors for the site (ie JWs themselves) has matured so that they have learned to type in the domain themselves to their browsers, or have bookmarked it.

Also the use of the QR Code - which would negate the use of a search enhine - has increased in the last few years (though I suspect actual usage is very low?)

In addition, many R&F JWs nowadays only use the smart phone app for all their 'jw' needs and not the website (you ask them to look at something on the website, and they can't find it because they're on their phone looking at the app, not the website d'oh!)

'exjw' and 'ex jw' are mostly english speaking terms, whereas 'jworg' is international.

IMHO it would be better therefore to compare usage in an english speaking country, for example the USA:

What is interesting is the very slightly raised interest in 'exjw' (the blue line) over the last two years.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Berrygerry said the charts speak for themselves....Hmmm. For the benefit of a poor old technophobe like me, would someone please explain in layman's terms exact what they are telling us?

It looks interesting if only I knew what it meant. I wlll look back later. Thanks

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    There is a high-ish plateau throughout 2013 - anything to do with the hoopla about the new 2013 revised bible and beamed in meetings from HQ?
    Then a drop followed by an all time peak at August 2014 - the big hoopla 100 years conventions - so might the traffic be to do with these?

As well as this beauty: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/269218/will-this-memorial-our-last

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I don't quite understand the statistics. if this is "searches," the statistics do not show the number of "hits." If I am wrong, please clarify.

One would assume that once you have identified your site, you will no longer search the site. Also, a site as simple as jw.org does not require a search unless you are really stupid.

I am encouraged with the increase in exjw searches. This implies that these are original searches. That is a good thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit