Did you ever have a discussion with an apostate that helped your journey out.

by jwfacts 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

"I can understand somebody being turned off by women wearing a pound of makeup and maybe red lipstick. But, makeup done moderately shouldn't be bothering anybody. Every now and then you run into somebody (usually a man) who has issues about this and have hang ups about women's adornment. Know what? That's THEIR problem." -- LongHairGal's reply to Londo

A lady friend, who became a JW, told me about an encounter with a JW:

She was originally a Pentecostal and lived in Oklahoma. A Witness lady came to the door and my friend, whose beliefs included avoidance of makeup, made some rude comment about the JW's painted face. so she told me, laughing. The Witness lady's response?

"Well, Dear, even an old barn needs a fresh coat of paint."

A real ice breaker. I don't recall my friend ever wearing any makeup even when she became a JW . . .

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

COMPOUND COMPLEX:

Good answer! In this case, the Witness gave a wise and humorous response.

Unfortunately, there are some persons who think women wearing makeup are what's wrong with the world. I could understand them having an issue with the skimpy and very immodest clothing worn by too many women. But, certainly not with a little makeup worn tastefully.

It's not just about beautification. What if somebody had a birthmark or something they wanted to cover up? Talk like this starts to sound unbalanced, IMO.

I wonder if people who have issues about this were personally affected by some painted hussy? Like maybe a marriage broke up or they lost a boyfriend in competition?? Or, some guy feels tempted by painted ladies.

They should fixate on more important problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit